Chapter Thirty-Four

Olivia stepped from Lou's room when Lena called her. She walked into the hall and shut the door behind her so that her fiancee wouldn't wake up.

"Hey, Lena. What's up?" Olivia questioned, but the only response from her sister was sobbing.

"Lena?" Olivia breathed.

"Daddy had a heart attack." She hiccupped, and Olivia's eyes went wide as they filled with tears.

"Where is he, Lena? Where are you?" Olivia breathed, as she tried to stay strong for her younger sister, but she was falling apart herself.

"I-i'm at the school picking up the kids from practice. Liam is with Mom and Daddy at New York-Presbyterian. He had a massive heart attack and he's not doing good. Liv-"

"Okay, you go to the hospital. I'll get the kids. They will freak out when they see you sobbing like this." Olivia breathed. She brushed a tear from her cheek before putting on a brave face.

"What if he dies?!" Lena sobbed.

"Calm down, Lena. Just go be with him at the hospital. I'll be there soon."

Olivia hung up on her sister and dialed Elliot's number as she walked quickly away from Lou's room and towards the stairs.

"Why are you calling me, Liv? Didn't your fiancee just have your baby?" Elliot asked.

"She did. He's amazing. But I need a favor, Elliot. Right now."

"Okay? Just tell me." Elliot replied as he sat up a bit straighter at his desk.

Olivia started down the stairs at the hospital before speaking.

"Can you come and sit with Lou? I have to go pick up my siblings from all of their practices and stuff, then I have to take them to Presbyterian." Olivia spoke.

"Who's there? I thought Lou-"

"My father had a heart attack, Elliot. I need to make sure we are all there with him if he passes. Not for me, but for my younger siblings. They need to be able to say goodbye."

///

When Olivia's siblings came out of their school, they found Olivia standing next to her car. They all eyed her quietly before approaching her.

"Liv? What are you doing here?" Adam asked as he carried his bag of wrestling stuff and Emma's bag with her basketball gear.

"I have to take you to the hospital, loves..." Olivia breathed, as she tried to think about puppies and kittens instead of her father possibly dying. 

"Why? Did Lou have the baby?" Katy asked, as her eyes lit up. Olivia nodded slowly before swallowing hard.

"She did... but we aren't going to see her or Mathias... we are going to a different hospital because Daddy had to go in there tonight. He is sick right now." Olivia replied. 

"How sick?" Eliza breathed, as she grabbed onto Katy's hand and held onto it tightly. Olivia reached out and grabbed Emma's hand and started to walk closer to the car and the others followed.

"He had a heart attack. It's where there are clots in his heart that aren't allowing the blood to flow through his body. But there are amazing doctors there to take care of him." Olivia spoke. She turned around and saw the kids all standing there with tears running down their cheeks.

"He's dying, right?" Adam whimpered.

"Adam-"

"Tell us!" He yelled, and Olivia quickly stepped forward and hugged him tightly as the tears finally ran down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, guys. But we have to get going. We need to get to the hospital to see him."

///

Lou woke up when she heard Mathias crying. She was confused when she first opened her eyes, but it wasn't because Elliot was sitting beside her trying to calm down the baby, but instead, because Mathias was supposed to be in the NICU.

"I think he's hungry... I can't do anything about that." Elliot spoke, and Lou reached out and took her son into her arms before pointing at the blanket on the back of Elliot's chair.

"Pass me that." She mumbled, and Elliot nodded. He passed it to Lou, before standing and stretching his legs. He had been sitting beside her for a few hours, and now he had to know if he should tell her about Dwayne and his current condition.

"Why is he down here, and why are you here and not my fiancee?" Lou asked, and Elliot continued to move around as he spoke.

"They said he was doing good. They asked who I was, and I told them that I was his possible godfather... uh, and Liv is with Serena and the kids." 

"Why is she with them? She promised not to leave us." Lou huffed. She was angry with Liv right now, and she hated that her fiancee slipped out without even telling her why.

"She had no choice, Lou. Dwayne had a heart attack. He collapsed at his house. Liv went and got the younger four kids from their late practices before heading to the hospital to be with them."

"My god." Lou breathed, as her anger faded and it was replaced with worry and sadness.

"Liv called me about ten minutes ago, and she said that it isn't looking good. It was a massive heart attack." Elliot breathed. He returned back to his chair before looking at Lou quietly.

"She just found her family and now she's losing her father..." Lou whispered. She closed her eyes tightly as tears welled in her eyes and eventually slipped down her pale cheeks. Elliot stood and reached out and wiped the tears from her cheeks before caressing her hair gently.

"She'll make it through this. You will make it through this too."

///

Olivia sat on the floor outside of her father's hospital room. Standing inside was the rest of her family as they sobbed over Dwayne's heart giving out completely and him passing away. But she couldn't move from where she was sitting because she was so numb from losing yet another person. She hadn't even known her father for a year yet, and she was already losing him.

"Mom wants you inside, Liv," Liam whispered, as he came out of the room and looked at his sister. He was angry right now at everything. 

Olivia didn't hear him at all, because the happiest day of her life turned into a dark storm that made her completely numb.

"Liv! Mom says she wants you with us all. For Dad." Liam huffed because he thought she wasn't listening to him. But then he saw as the silent tears ran down her cheeks and he knew she wasn't trying to ignore him. It was just a part of the shock.

Liam sank down beside his sister and pulled her close as her body stayed motionless.

"Liv, he loved you so much. He talked about you every day since you found us again. He used to pray for you every night when we didn't know where you were. I know you loved him too, and you still do. You love him so much, that you even gave your kid his name as his middle name. Please, Liv. Please come be with us all."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below.