Chapter Fifty-Two

Quietly, Olivia drove back to her hotel room and walked into it. She went into the bathroom and turned on the shower but started sobbing when she remembered that the water pressure was low. It was something so simple, but when she's feeling sad and down she'd always take a long hot shower to not only relax her mind but also her body.

Olivia just turned off the shower and went and put her pajamas on before walking over and sitting on the edge of her bed. She opened up her phone and started to look through pictures of her family. Nicole isn't even a week old yet, and she can't be with her daughter. Olivia couldn't help but think that her children would hate her and not know who she is because she'll be gone for so long.

Olivia looked at her door as someone knocked on it, and Olivia eventually hesitantly stood before grabbing the handle and slowly turning it.

"El?" Olivia whispered. Elliot reached out and wiped the tears from Olivia's cheeks before drawing her close.

"I'm so sorry, honey." He breathed.

"How'd you find out?" Olivia whimpered.

"Joan called me. She said that you'd need someone. So I got here as quick as I could." Elliot spoke. Olivia started to sob as she rested her head on Elliot's shoulder.

"I wanted my wife, El! I miss my wife and I miss my kids. I miss everything, but I think we may already be done!"

"Olivia, darling... Lou doesn't want to get a divorce from you. She loves you too much. She's just angry right now. And you aren't staying here alone. Go pack your bag and you can come to stay with me. You can crash in my bed and if you need anything at all I'll be there."

"No-"

"I don't care what the point of this banishment is, you need to be with someone because you are in such a bad and dark place."

"I want to go home." Olivia whimpered.

///

Serena stared at her children as she looked at the folder with horror covering her expression.

"Who gave this to you?" Serena breathed, as she went to take the folder from Lena, but Lena snatched it back.

"Tell us what happened or we will read it ourselves," Liam warned.

"Just tell me who gave this to you!" Serena cried.

"Trevor Langan. Olivia's lawyer. They were going to use this against you, but once she found out what was in this and what he planned, she dropped the case. She didn't want to ruin you or hurt you more. So either tell us what happened, or we will have a dramatic reading of what dirt they had on you." Lena spoke quickly.

Serena swallowed hard before nodding slowly.

"I'll read it to you." She spoke, but it wasn't part of the deal.

"I'll read it."

Serena listened as tears ran down her cheeks. Lena and Liam could barely absorb what they were reading because they were so shocked.

"29 years ago, almost 30 years ago you tried to kill yourself?" Lena questioned, and Serena nodded as she clutched a dish towel to her chest.

"Four times I think. I don't remember though..."

"Mom, you tried to kill Olivia. We know you were raped, but why would you try and kill Olivia when she's innocent?" Lena questioned.

"Because I didn't want her! If it wasn't for your father, none of us would be here." Serena huffed.

"Mom, she's destroyed. She dropped this all because she didn't want us to find out. But we found out and do you still think that she's the bad guy? That she did this just to get back at you? Mom, she did it to help you! She wanted to make sure that you could get help!" Liam yelled.

"I don't care. We are leaving." Serena croaked out, before standing and tossing the towel onto the table.

"What?" Liam asked.

"No more Manhattan. We are going far away. So that she can't get to us!"

"You really are crazy." Lena huffed, before standing and bring the file with her.

"She's after us!" Serena cried.

"She's done with the case. She isn't picking it up again. You got her arrested. Lou kicked her out because of you. Go make everything better, instead of fucking everything else up... crazy pants."

///

Olivia curled up on Elliot's couch because she didn't want him to have to sleep on it. Olivia had taken a shower, but it didn't help. Nothing was helping. She laid there for days, and she rarely moved. Elliot had to force her up and make her go outside or go take a shower because she had given up. Elliot had never seen her this sad. This exhausted.

"Thank you for coming over." Elliot breathed, from where he stood at his door.

"I'm still not happy with her." Lou sighed, as she kept her eyes focused on Elliot and not at the pile of sweats and blankets on the couch that was her wife.

"Did your mother tell you what Olivia said to her?" Elliot questioned.

"My mom has been trying to keep her calls away from me. So I have time to think." Lou replied.

"Olivia dropped the case to get her siblings because her lawyer had dug up some dark shit on Serena."

"What stuff?" Lou asked hesitantly.

"When Serena was pregnant, she tried to kill herself. Olivia took it incredibly hard because if Serena had died, she would have too. She hasn't moved much since Monday, just to shower and go for walks with me. Other than that, she sleeps all day. Right there." Elliot spoke.

"I'll talk to her. You can go if you need too."

"Okay, I'll be home in an hour. Call me if you leave earlier." Elliot spoke, before kissing Lou's cheek then moving out of her way. Lou walked into the apartment and over to the couch. She sat down on the coffee table before pulling the blankets away from Olivia's face.

"Girl, you need to get off this couch and go do something."

"Lou?" Olivia whispered.

"C'mon-"

"Can I come home yet?" Olivia questioned.

"Liv-"

"Please. I need to be with my family." Olivia squeaked. Lou swallowed hard before reaching out and caressing Olivia's hair.

"Let's talk. Sit up."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D