Chapter Fifty

"Serena called the cops on me and claimed that I kidnapped the kids. They arrested me but the charges were dismissed and the case was moved to family court. It's just going to be a custody battle now." Olivia explained. She had tried to approach her wife, but Lou held her hands up and shook her head. She was so angry that she didn't even want to be touched or be close to Olivia at all.

"You should have woke me up. You should have talked to me and I would have gone down there with you and gotten you released within the hour. Olivia-"

"You just had a baby, Lou."

"I don't care! You were back at work within a week of losing our first baby!" Lou cried. Olivia frowned before sighing softly.

"Hotel?" She asked, and Lou nodded.

"I don't want to be around you," Lou whispered. Olivia nodded before looking at her siblings.

"Will you guys help her out?" Olivia questioned.

"Uh, of course," Lena replied with a small frown.

"When can I come home?" Olivia asked as she moved towards her bedroom to pack a bag.

"When I tell you that you can come home." Lou huffed. Olivia nodded slowly before brushing a tear from her cheek.

Lou can hold a grudge, and Olivia was worried that Lou may never forgive her.

///

Olivia went to a cheap motel so that it wouldn't be that big of a deal if she didn't stay a whole night but lost the payment for the room. She sat on the lumpy bed and watched as the clock ticked on the wall. She was just watching time go by because that was all she could do right now. She didn't have laundry to do. She couldn't go see the kids. And she was on a 'paternity' leave for the next two weeks. She wanted to be home with her wife and children, but in the end, she fucked up and Lou was making her pay for that.

Olivia heard the knock on the door, and Olivia stood quickly before walking over and looking through the peephole. She sighed deeply before opening the door.

"What, Elliot?" She groaned.

"Heard your wife kicked you out. Is it because you have a record or because you cheated on her with me?" Elliot teased, and Olivia rolled her eyes before letting him into her room.

"Because I spent last night in jail without telling her. She kicked me out and I'm not allowed back until she tells me I can come back. So this is my home. I have an amazing bathroom that has a shower with barely any water pressure and the sink either has blood or rust in it." Olivia spoke. Elliot frowned before drawing his best friend into a hug and holding her close.

"I'm sorry, Liv." He frowned.

"Honestly I don't know why I'm so stupid sometimes. I thought that taking my siblings was the right thing to do. It ended up being one of the worse things that I could ever do." Olivia sighed. They parted and she walked over to the bed before sitting down on it.

"Wanna come stay at my apartment? We have a case so I won't be there." Elliot spoke.

"My wife wouldn't like that. The whole point of kicking me out is so that I'm uncomfortable. It's happened before and it will probably happen again." Olivia sighed.

"How many times before?" Elliot asked.

"Like three or four times before. Most of those happened before we got married. Like she kicked me out when I volunteered to get pregnant the first time but she wanted too. Then she realized that she was still making a career and I was already a detective and had it a little easier. Twice for not calling her when I was working long shifts. Oh, and another time when she thought I was going to propose but instead I was taking her to Seattle for her dream weekend." Olivia spoke.

"God, she seems a little easy to anger." Elliot sighed.

"Yeah, that's my wife." Olivia frowned. She laid back and Elliot sat beside her and then laid back beside her.

"Did you apologize?" He asked.

"She won't hear it, El. She's pissed off. But she better forgive me soon because we have two kids."

"Want me to talk to her?" Elliot asked.

"No, because you have a case. Go back to work. I'll call you when I have updates on my current living conditions."

"Alright, sounds good. Just don't drink the water from the tap." Elliot warned.

"I'm drinking vodka tonight, Elliot."

///

The next morning, Trevor called Olivia and told her that they had a court date for the following Monday. But that gave Olivia several days before she'd be fighting for his siblings and before she may be able to go home. She called her wife every morning and night, but Lou didn't answer and she seemed to have unplugged the house phone so that Olivia couldn't call it. But she couldn't stop Lena and Liam from contacting her.

Olivia found out that Lou was having a hard time nursing and that Mathias was being a little brat because he couldn't see his Momma.

But on Monday, Lou was left at home with the kids because Lena and Liam came to court with Olivia. They all stood outside of the courtroom and waited for them to be allowed in.

"So, how's home?" Olivia asked as she raked her fingers through her hair.

"Lou is having a really hard time keeping up with both kids. We help as much as she'll allow us. But at least Joan is over there today to help." Lena frowned.

"Good. Now I just have to figure out what is happening between us and if the kids will actually have a home to stay at if I win custody." Olivia sighed. She rocked back and forth on her heels for a second before frowning.

"We are here for you. We don't want Mom to get the kids. She has proven to be unstable. Maybe she'll be better after some help, but she isn't ready to be a mother right now." Liam sighed.

"I'm a better mother than Olivia ever could be." Serena huffed, as she came and stood beside her children.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D