Prologue

7 Years Ago

7 Years Ago

There was a loud shatter that echoed throughout the house, your heart leaped out of your chest, skipping a beat as you sprang up from the plush pillow, hearing the noise from the bedroom. You stayed still for a few moments, wondering if you had actually heard something, it was quiet afterwards. You yawned inaudibly, taking your pillow from beside you to lay it on your lap as you say up, it gave you slight comfort in the emptiness of the room.

Your head tilted towards the doorway, looking under the doorframe to see the hint of light peering under it. A moving shadow, faint but apparent. "Nighteye?" You called out, your voice small and hoarse as you rubbed your eye's from sleep. You slowly became use to the darkness of the room, the moonlight surging through the window the only lighting for you. You could barely see the dark picture frame that you knew held a grinning photo of you on the dresser.

It was still quiet, you realized. You didn't receive an answer, you begin to bring the thin covers over you, close to your chest as you hear the sudden thump from outside the door. You yelp softly before you scurry out of the bed and climb off the side of it, it's your father's bed, empty due to his absence. He had been gone for a few days, leaving Ms.Shizaki to look after you, however, today, she left early for the night. Sir Nighteye, a partner of your father's, left to look after you.

You whimpered softly as you crouched down behind the side of the bed, your wide eye's on the closed door. "Nighteye!" You said, quietly. Hoping he'd hear you across the hall, he was supposed to be in the other room, only a few doors away, "I-is that you? Please...please answer me," your hands gather the covers in bunches, pressing your face against the bed mattress, you don't dare aka your eye's off that door.

Heavy steps ascend to the door and you shake your head before crawling away from the bed side, the phone, you had to get to the phone!

It was on the other side of the room, the house phone, Dad usually got so many phone calls in the middle of the night so he opted to installing a phone in his room. You were thankful for his thinking, especially now. You could see the feint silver outline and the glowing red dot from the receiver a few feet away, you crawled over, trying to keep your knee's from shaking to no avail. As the unknown person came closer to the bedroom, you felt your heart throbbing as you felt fear consume you. You held back a teary cry as you heard the door knob turn, you sprang to your feet and dashed over to the phone and snatched it from the stand. Knocking over the receiver, you began to press down in the glowing numbers, feeling the cold rubber of the dial against your thumbs as your fingers shook. You sprinted over to the bathroom door, just as the bedroom door opened, you were closing it when you saw the intruders face.

You let out a terrified scream, your eye's wide in horror as your eye's made contact with the swirling dark void of a warp. Piercing yellow eyes staring back at you, a dark suit to match as the humanoid warp adjusted the tie against his button down. He walked towards you, the void of his warp expanding horribly as he closes in on you.