{15}

"I'll meet you at the Entrance Exam, yeah?" Izuku asked as he shouldered his bag, ready to run home to get prepared for the hero exam that was starting in a few hours. You could see the nervous shudder that went through him, despite the training he had endured, he technically didn't have the power of One for All yet, not until it fully processed into his system. But, despite it, you believed in him, he'd ace this exam because he wanted it more than anything.

You smiled at him, excited. "Yeah! Of course," you then gave him a determined look, pumping your fist up. "We're gonna do great! This is our chance to get into U.A., let's give it our all!"

Izuku was silent for a moment, admiring your attitude of this nerve-wracking situation before swallowing down his fears and grinning widely, "Yeah!" You both grinned, chuckling at one another before it was time for him to go.

"I'll meet you, Zuku!" You waved him off as he began jogging home.

"I'll see you there, (y/n)-chan!"

You watched him disappear around the corner, relaxing slightly as you then turned around to face your father as you could hear the sand crunching beneath his feet. He stops just behind you as you look up to meet his gaze, "This is the day," you said, breathing a small, pleased breath.

After everything. After all the training you had endured, the time you spent sculpting your quirk to fight, the pain that had spread through you for years...it was all for this day. This Exam.

"I'm going to U.A.," it was a statement, not a sentence of awe or disbelief. You'd get into U.A., the best damn hero course in the country, which was of course the hardest as well. But, you didn't train for nothing. You were ready. Your back straightened, you let out a breath, you looked at your father straight in the eye. "I know you don't want me to take the Exam," you breathed.

He shook his head. "It's not that. You've already proven yourself, (y/n)," he objected, making you raise a confused brow. "You're technically already a Pro, I should've been upset, after that stunt you had pulled a few months back," your eye's widened at his words, before you shrunk back sheepishly.

A few months ago, before fully moving back to Mustafa, you had been with Sorahiko, Gran Torino, for the weekend. He had taken you on a short patrol, it was more of a bonding experience for the two of you, although he had taken you on a dozen patrols before now. On your way back, you both had been caught in a rather violent tangle with a few thieves on their way from a convenience store robbery. It was inevitable that the two of you would split up, the robbers had little control or their quirks, putting citizens at risk.

You had saved nearly a dozen people, a burning building had nearly collapsed on top of you in the process. Gran Torino had taken care of the villains while you had gotten them to safety, instructing you to head back home before the police came to the scene. Little did you know, the news reporters hadn't been far, capturing a rather blurry video of the rescue, which you caught on the news a few days later. You had assumed your father hadn't seen it, obviously that wasn't the case.

"Oh...you know about that?" You questioned, cringing at your words as you practically confessed.

He gave you a look. "I raised you, (y/n)," he put his hand on the to of your head, giving it a rough pat. "No one knows your power as well as I do. How could you think that you could keep it from your old man, hm?"

You pouted before sighing, guiltily. "I'm sorry, I know. It's just...I-i actually don't have an excuse," you chuckled faintly, as if your father pulls his hand away, letting you straighten. "I know I shouldnt've, but I couldn't do nothing. Besides Uncle Hiko was right there, if I was in trouble I wouldn't have even known with him fighting beside me."