{1}

Toshinori opens his eye's, a dull throb of pain awakening him from a haunting slumber, he doesn't move, he can only lay there and let his thoughts roam

Toshinori opens his eye's, a dull throb of pain awakening him from a haunting slumber, he doesn't move, he can only lay there and let his thoughts roam. He recognizes the bright lights, the white walls, the smell that permeates his senses, he even recalls the soft, flat bedding beneath him.

The light beeping of the monitor to his side catches his attention, he turns his head towards it slowly, letting it sink in that he was attached to a hospital, heart monitor. An I.V. sticking into his arm, transferring a matching pint of blood into his drained body, he felt the gauze wrapping around is torso before he saw them.

He couldn't felt much of anything, but he knew he should, the pain relievers from the doctors were doing their job, for that he was grateful.

His left hand rises, he looks it over, letting it settle above his face for him to look at it in the light. He had several healing scratches along his knuckles up to his wrists, even further to his elbows. His fingers curved, curling to settle in his palm before he clenched it into a fist. He had done it, hadn't he? Defeated the evil. Defeated All for One with his bare hands, he had finally avenged his teacher, saved humanity.

As his hand fell back down, he let a small smile settle onto his face, he felt relief, he felt a swell of pride even, finally he could give his daughter a life without fear. Without fear of All for One's plan to eradicate the hero society, to steal you away from him, to destroy everything he held dear. He finally could have a regular life with you, give you the love you've always deserved. He could teach you and train you as he should've all this time, he could let the world know now, you existed in his arms. His angel of a daughter, how he craved to have you in his arms again.

He closed his eyes, thinking of you, he needed to see you, you must be so worried, you've undoubtedly seen the news. He wondered if Sir Nighteye had fetched you to bring you here, was he still at the house to protect you while he was gone? How long had it been since he's seen you? Maybe a month, maybe longer...he had to make that time back. Maybe take you to a movie, take you shopping, he knew you loved Mochi...

"Daddy!"

He tried to think back as he opened his eyes slowly, he had talked to you before his fight with All for One, he had to have had. He remembered hearing your voice just before, he began to sit up, wincing slightly, he wasn't fully healed and something felt like it was missing as he placed placed a hand on his abdomen. He looked to the side, seeing his torn costume on the hanger, every wound he had on him now, reflected the damage to his suit. He had to think back, before the battle, he talked to you, you were...you were scared. You were calling because you were afraid, you heard someone in the house, he wasn't there...

He clutched his head, he never made it to the house, he faintly heard the beeping of the monitor speeding up, he winced slightly as his head began to pound. What else? What else happened, think!

"Dad!"

You were running, you were running towards him, the battle was over. You shouldn't have been there, you couldn't have, you were miles from home and you had just called him an hour ago from the house. He didn't understand, you were so close, but he was too slow. He pulled himself from the I.V. ripping the needle away, causing blood to spill, "(y/n)..." he whispered, he was starting to recall every detail, every feeling of horror, every painful reminder that you were actually on that battlefield and he had no idea until it was too late.