{28}

Everyone could only stare in silent shock at the outcome of the first match. Through the elevated screens before them, the heroes have undoubtedly won, but the villains were the ones who were in tact and still standing. The battle itself had been fought with everything on both sides, all the cards had been laid out and only one team remained standing. But it wasn't the winning side.

As the clock runs out: Times up!

All Might looks up at the monitor, a swell of pride filling him as he acknowledges the victory of his daughter and Young Midoriya, the two effectively using what they could in order to succeed. But, his enthusiasm drifts slightly as he understands the results of their battle, both receiving injuries that would need to be cared for. He had thought of stopping the battle even before it was done, even now, despite being as proud as he was, cringed at the reminder of the violence of the exercise, both students clearly pained from the trial.

"What a weird way for this to end," Sero voiced what everyone else was thinking, bewildered. "The losing team is practically untouched," One screen gives view to Todoroki who's helping you  wrap your bleeding arm with your scarf that you had taken from your neck. The fabric was glowing almost unnoticeably, having traced your own quirk through the threading, stemming the blood flow and trying to heal the large gash. Todoroki lifts you in his arms and he walks you both out of the cameras view and into the open hall. "And the winners are both on the ground!" Everyone looks to the monitors showing both you and Midoriya, Izuku having fallen unconscious and you were on the brink.

"How does the old saying go?" Tokoyami asked, "They may have lost the battle but they've won the war."

"This class is intense," Tsuyu pointed out.

All Might leaves the viewing room to see his students off to the infirmary through the large hole in the wall that Bakugo had made during the battle.

"Hold on," Shouto stopped you from trying to stand, you had winced and he had guiltily taken notice, you looked at him, your eye's still as bright as ever, he wondered if you disliked him in this instant. That thought scared him, but he wouldn't say.

"Wha--huh?"

Shouto lifted you effortlessly in his arms, a hand on your upper back the other under your knees, you didn't protest, feeling slightly relieved from the pain wracking through your body at the moment. Wrapping your right arm around his shoulder as he began making his way into the hallway, his gaze was straight forwards, he wouldn't even look you in the eye. "Thanks," you breathed.

He nodded, silent.

It's quiet as he steps across the ice covering the hallway, he glances around before noting your still shivering frame, the light breaths escaping you forming an icy cloud before evaporating. He takes another step when he activates his other side, being careful to keep it low, not to start a spark, not even an ember. The ice around you both begins to melt fast, falling from the walls and he steps back as a large piece slips overhead from the ceiling, melting to a puddle across the floor. The entire hall is filled with steam soon and you take a steady breath, your shivering subsiding and you hum lightly, pleased as he continues to walk forwards.

Your body heating up, he let's you shift in his grip, his grip along your backside curving up to bring you closer.

Tiredly, you leaned your head in his chest, blinking as you felt drained all of a sudden, you guessed now that the battle was over, that adrenaline you had going through you was fading.

You wanted to say something to him, but for now, you'd wait, you understood why he must be ignoring you. The gash down your palm and to your wrist is enough to give you a clue, so you don't bring it up.