{8}

■

"So, you're working here!?" Izuku asked, his eyes are wide as saucers as you and him face the large hospital building of the city. His mouth gaping wide open, before turning to you for further confirmation.

You placed a thoughtful finger on your chin, your head tilted upwards. "Well, I'm really an intern under Recovery Girl, she's a hero medic. I'm hoping to further my quirk as both a medical and Pro hero, I'd love to introduce you sometime! She even works at U.A., I could put in a good word for you, ya know," you gave him a smile as you turned your head to him, tossing your hair over your shoulder.

You giggled once you saw Izuku's watery eyes and throwing his hands up, clasped together in praise, "Really?! Would you? That'd be amazing!" A giant smile came across his face, lighting it up incredibly, a blush coming to your face as he leaped forwards before throwing his hands around your waist. "I'm so blessed! You're an angel!"

Izuku seemed to realize what he was doing as he pulled away, his face red hot, his eyes closed in embarrassment. "GOMEN!" He was hardly used to being so close to any nowadays, he hasn't had many close friends since you had gone. He recalled always hugging you spontaneously, you always accepted gratefully, even laying your head down on his chest when you both fell asleep in the park those....7 times. He didn't know if you'd still accept them as you once did, his spontaneous affection, not like before, you had both changed, he didn't want to scare you off. He'd hate himself forever if he ever did that, he'd never forgive himself.

His eyes open, his shoulders drooped low from his thoughts, looking up from his feet to look at you. Finding you just a few inches away, a soft smile across your lips, your hair framing your beautiful face, his face burned at the sudden warmth running through him. "What're you apologizing for?" You teased him, knowing that even when you were kids that Izuku was always apologizing for something, even when he was never at fault. Always compromised for people when he didn't need too. He stiffened as your hands reached forwards, slipping under his arm's and pulling him in, your cheek resting against his shoulder. "You know I've always liked being near you, Zuku-kun..." you said, your voice flowing through his ears like silk, he relaxed instantly, and produced a relieved smile before returning your embrace.

Not many people said that to him. Especially when knowing he was quirkless. That usually deemed him unwanted and he quickly became subject to refusal from most groups and friendships, but you never left him even when he expected you too. Even when everyone told you that you should. You just...you lifted him up even in his darkest days, just by being there, hearing your voice.

You wouldn't have been able to imagine his relief when he heard your voice over that phone all those years ago when you had moved. You could've cut all ties, stayed away from him completely, but you called him, every week, asking about him, wondering if he was ok, letting him laugh and cry with you. He would never be able to repay you for the love that you've shown him all these years.