{13}

The world's most popular hero, the number one: All Might. Years ago, he broke out into the hero scene and ever since he's appeared crime rates have drastically decreased. His very existence a deterrent for many weekly villains.

The World: A Safer Place.

Your father, All Might, isn't just called the Symbol of Peace, it's what he is. A beckon of light for the world, the beloved hero that will fight for anyone in peril, no hesitation, no question, no doubt.

A pillar of justice, one that you knew would inevitably be giving up his mantle, like his many predecessors before him. The power of One-for-All, the source of his incomprehensible, unimaginable strength; he was destined to pass it on to a worthy successor.

There was once a time, you had thought it would be you, taking on the power of One for All, a torch you would've taken with pride....

But, there was a moment in time that would alter your supposed future, everything changed one day and you had to accept the torch you had been given would not include your father's. You remained proud, however, your power was your own and although it had its drawbacks, you would strive to perfect it and make a name for yourself as a Hero.

Now, was a time for a new Era, a new torch weilder for One for All, the reason you both had moved back to the city, close to U.A. to find All Might's successor.

Izuku Midoriya, a childhood friend, a believer of truth and justice, a quirkless boy who beyond anything had always wanted to become a hero. One of the heroes today that had saved your life and inspired your father to strive to keep going even while past his physical limitation.

Izuku, the chosen vessel of One for All.

With these words, you knew it was true, you knew it would become reality... "Young Man, You Too Can Become A Hero." Words spoken by my father, his idol, words that had broken him down to his knees. Words he needed to hear after years of others telling him the opposite. Finally, he was believed in...

After All Might had explained the secret origin of One-for-All, the source of his power, he asked Izuku one question, and if given an answer, it would define his life from here onwards.

"I'm not gonna force this thing on you, young man, this is your choice!" He walked towards Midoriya to stand before him, spitting out blood as he shouted. "So, listen well!" He pointed upward before his hand dropped and he was pointing down at a bewildered Izuku. "ARE YOU GONNA ACCEPT MY AWESOME POWER OR NOT?" He questioned, spitting up blood through his shout.

Izuku's eye's were wide, drifting downwards, he tried to wrap his head around the idea, he was going to become a hero but the only way was by taking All Might's power? It didn't make any sense! Why would he be worthy of this power? What is this? So, he didn't say anything, he couldn't. What was there to really say? Everything was coming at him so fast!

He glanced over at you, you smiled comfortingly beside your father, until he began speaking again, eliciting both your attention. "There's a few things you should know about my abilities," All Might started, "Journalists always guessed my quirk was Super Strength or some kind of Invulnerability," as he went on to explain, you remembered the papers that would come out after All Might's national interviews. The theories only grew over time, some going as far as a type of omnipotence. "When people asked in interviews, I always just dodged the question, making a joke." You cracked a small smile at that, fondly recalling your father coming home from one of his many interviews, you both had watched the replay, his jokes were corny but always effective.

"It's because the world needs to believe, Izuku," you spoke, Izuku turning towards you, his expression no less bewildered. "That their Symbol of Peace is a natural born hero, like any of them."