{19}

"They're for, when you're doing hero work," you explained

"They're for, when you're doing hero work," you explained. Pressing your lips together, nervously, you had received the pills from Recovery Girl not even an hour ago, you knew it was weird but you could feel the energy radiating off of them, as if it were still connected to you. "We've been working on it for months."

Your father turned the clear, blue pill container in his grip; looking down at it skeptically. He then sighed softly, humming politely. "You know we've tried everything, darling," he held his palm out for you to take the medication back. "I know you're concerned but I can stick with what I have for now," he smiled slightly trying to assure you.

You pushed his palm back into his chest, "No, these are specially made for you. They'll be able to cure you before One-for-All is fully out of you, they can help, really help, this time," you tried, before running over to your bag, picking it up off the floor. "Here, I'll show you. I've been trying to figure it out for years, this may actually be what you need."

Toshinori looked down at the small bottle, he wanted to believe it, that things were so simple. For years, he's been on meds, in and out of surgery, more than he can count but it was always the same, nothing worked. He was hardly surviving as it was, One-for-All was draining from him, his limit was decreasing every second that ticked by. He appreciated the sentiment of whatever doctor that prescribed this, probably Recovery Girl, but he was tired of being let down. "(Y/n), honey--" he started, walking over to you, before sighing lowly as you pulled out your notes

"I've worked through all the algorithms, see," you flipped the notebook around, he was actually surprised to see the filled notes that were scribbled across the pages, even chemical components, his DNA coding, etc. He glanced back up at you as you flipped it around, going through the pages, "Your bones, they are forced to stretch, bend almost every time you transform," you found the page, showing it to him, "I figured out a medicinal property that can work for long term bone rejuvenation, it's used even in forgotten customs in the far east. Even, oh, this," you quickly flipped through to another sketched out medication. "I found this during our trip to the south, they used to crush the leaves to extract the poison through the inner roots, but with the right procedure it can restore tissue, even bone marrow."

Toshinori forced a smile onto his face, even if this was all very impressive and you were starting to mildly convince him, he just couldn't see it. "(Y/n), I don't think--" his jaw clenched as you shook your head, interrupting him.

Placing the book down, you took the pills from his hand, "I know this'll work, Dad," you looked so optimistic, hopeful. It nearly swayed him, your eye's were shining, your lips parted with a smile as you held the blue, regular seeming pill in your hand, "It took so long, but I finished it just a few days ago. We've been through multiple trials, and finally your cells were literally restoring themselves, tissue particles were forming and I can only imagine how you'll feel afterwards. Dad," you held his hand, "Please, just this once. I know this can work, you can--you can be cured."