{17}

You giggled softly as the kitten lost its balance on its hind legs, it's tiny claws caught in your loose bandages, it would've fallen off the bed if you hadn't put a hand under it and caught him before he fell

You giggled softly as the kitten lost its balance on its hind legs, it's tiny claws caught in your loose bandages, it would've fallen off the bed if you hadn't put a hand under it and caught him before he fell. It didn't seem to register the save and continued to chew and nibble on the loose strings from your bandages.

Luckily, your burns had healed and it was just cuts across your palms now, you replaced your bandages with your father's help, Recovery Girl brining one of the school nurses with her. A woman, Pro-Hero: Lady Eve, a therapist within the school, she had the unique ability to create single-minded animals from her own imagination, using her quirk, primarily, to help students with anxiety or stress. She was also a great counselor, a close friend to you.

The kitten you held now was only a part of the woman's imagination, a figment of the mind and yet the cutest thing you've ever seen.

She glanced over from her place at the lab table, peering into a kaleidoscope from her place across the room, "She likes you," she chuckled.

"And I love her, yes I do!" You made kissy, baby noises as you lifted the kitten to your face. She placed a paw on your cheeks, purring lightly and you laughed, cooing lovingly at the creature. You turned towards your father, holding the kitten out, "Here! She's so fluffy!" You offered with a laugh.

The man shook his head at you, snickering lightly in his seat beside you. "She seems to be attached to you, besides--" he raises a brown, playful pit bull in his skinny arm's, "my hands are full." You laughed at him. He sighed inaudibly, smiling lightly, he was pleased to know that she wasn't as upset anymore, even cracking cracking a smile his way.

You reached forwards, rubbing the short fur in top of the dogs head, giving kissy faces to the pit bull that was close to hopping onto the bed and licking your face for the attention.

You didn't need to be in the medical wing anymore, mostly just sticking around after Recovery Girl's work in order to go over some work, you had completed your research for the pills you were making for your father. You had waited so long and now that he had finally chosen a successor and his time limit was shortening faster than before, you knew this was a better time than any.

Recovery Girl was supposed to come back after treating another student, technically classes were still being held and she was still the primary doctor in the building.

You finally put the kitten down, it's paws clinging to the sheets, nipping at the cloth as you stood. You groaned slightly, sore in some areas, mostly in your shoulder's and thighs, balancing most of the weight of the robot in those areas. Your father stood to help you, you reached a hand out, "It's fine, I'm fine," you assured him, before straightening.

You walked past him, taking your clothes from the hangar, thankfully they weren't too bad looking. Once you out your lab coat on, it would cover up most of that he damage. Your sweater was mostly ruined but, not too bad that you couldn't wear it, you turned back towards your father. "I'm gonna go change, my shift with Recovery Girl starts soon."