{6}

3 years later (14 years old)

It's been 6 Years sinces he's seen you, it's also been 6 Years since his father had told him about his attempt to forge a contract Quirk Marriage with you and him. The statement had fueled him with rage, infuriated that his father would force you into such a predicament, giving you no room to actually fall for him like he wanted in the future. He was enraged that his father had almost taken away that choice, if All Might hadn't refused than maybe nothing would've been real....but, you always made him feel as if he were his own person, instead of a shadow, a painted slate of his father.

But, he was also relieved, this was the only thing in his life he could actually control. His strive to make you understand, to make you see that he truly loved you, even after all this time. He finally could speak for himself, breathe for the first time in his life without the flames of his father suffocating him with each step.

Ever since you had moved, transferring out of the city after the accident, you had called him once, every other week, keeping that schedule for the past 6 years. He'd curse himself when he'd miss a call, texting you an apology everytime, of course you'd tell him everytime it was ok, he hated when he missed it. Your voice was the only thing that he looked forward to after his training sessions with his father.

Finding himself thinking about you in the middle of his training, during breakfast, even during class, he realized how much he loved you every time he heard your voice over the phone. He wanted do see you, more than anything, you've expressed how much you've missed him and he was so happy, happy to know that you thought of him fondly. Maybe not as he hoped, but he'd take it.

You had called him earlier that week, he hadn't heard from you last week and it left him worriedly glancing at his phone during his daily training routine throughout the week. He tried calling, you didn't pick up having a set training schedule most of the week like him. His usually blank expression cracking unwillingly as it never rang, he frowned before hitting the ground with his right hand, a wall of ice piercing the ceiling. He continued his training fiercer than ever that day, his side shaking as he began to freeze over his right side, unwilling to use his fire quirk.

Buzzzzz....  He paused before glancing around before realizing it was his phone.

He answered the phone faster than he ever had when he saw your name on the screen, "Shouto-kun!" You squealed on the other side of the line, he sighed in relief, holding the phone closer to his ear as he leaned against the wall of the training room. Luckily he was alone so he let his expression relax, a tiny smile growing on his lips.

"(Y/n)...You didn't call last week, I was worried," he said, truthfully, hoping for an answer that didn't have to do with you avoiding him, you being uninterested. That would be his living nightmare, please don't say it...

He could imagine you biting your bottom lip, a habit you had developed when he had known you as kids, "I'm so sorry, Sho-kun, I hope you can forgive me. I lost my phone in my luggage," it took a second for him to comprehend what you had said, he blinked, confused. Luggage? He began to slide down the side wall, you were...moving again? Further away...maybe...maybe he'd never see you again after all...god, he was so stupid, maybe if he was more sure of his feelings, if he could just spit them out and tell you how he felt!