{5}

3 years later

3 years later

You yelped as you hit the floor, the cement beneath you knocking the air from your lungs, You grimaced painfully, before your eyes widen at the bile forcing it's way up your throat. Covering your mouth quickly, you place your other hand onto the floor to help stand yourself up. The feeling of throwing up goes away and you're left panting harshly instead, feeling the beads of sweat running down your face before seeing it drip one by one to the floor.

"Get up! The enemy won't wait for you!" The harsh instruction of Gran Torino rang through your ears, causing you to look up, your hair, messily, obscuring your view of the old man. He stood there, his hero costume brandished, his arm's apart as he was ready to start his assault once again. "You must learn to prolong your power time, if you don't you will remain vulnerable," you began to stand, stumbling, however, at the stinging sensation in your back from his previous attack. "Know when it cancels, it warns you, the burning through your veins, understand it," he advises and you look down at your palms, at the dulled glow beneath the skin running up your forearms passed your torn sleeves. "If you don't, you will never know the full extent of your power," he says harshly, before extending his hand in a challenging manner. "Now, hit me!"

'I can see why Dad's been scared of 'em all these years.' You sweat dropped.

You grit your teeth, your power coursing through your body like a wildfire, it burns like it always has since that day, the convertor on your chest glows beneath your shirt, producing a stinging sensation through you. You can help the low growl that breaks through your lips as you let your energy spread before you bend down, your eye's never leaving your master. "Hra!" You sprung forwards, your bare feet hitting against the ground and your surging forwards, your palms heating up, energy converging into your open hands.

Gran Torino smirks before the soles of his feet produce a magnificent blast of air, like the air pressure of a rocket boost, causing him to blast upwards, avoiding your direct hit. You follow, spinning around, your feet catching on the ground behind you, "Faster, Yagi! Control your power!" You force yourself to bound upwards, reaching for the yellow cape of your teacher, the winds spiraling around you and him. "Don't give in to your pain!" He jumps off of the ceiling, his foot coming down to hit you, it's inches from your face and your quickly dodge to the side, arching your back to miss him. He hits the floor and springs to the side, the air pressure from his rockets sending him flying all across the room, jumping off the side walls and lunging forwards to throw you off. "Focus, (y/n)!"

You panted heavily, clutching your chest as your quirk sparked within you, nodding once, "Right!" You wheezed out, you narrowly dodged his kick to your side, before jumping to the side to avoid the punch to your face.

He grazes your cheek but you smirk at the closeness, using the remaining energy through your arm to reach for his as you spin yourself around. He doesn't react fast enough this time, surprised to see you come from the side, "I've got y--gah!" He attempted to dodge you fully, but you took a handful of his cape and forced him down, over your head. However, even though he hadn't hit you, you feel a horrible swell of agony ripple through you, causing you to fall forwards to your knees. You scream shortly, your eye's watering at the feeling, your hand going up to claw at your throbbing chest, you wheeze harshly, you don't even feel the hand against your back as you fall forwards.