Chapter 14

Venessa's P.O.V

After my lunch with Vincent, it feels so strange calling by his name, I'm so used to calling him grey eyed monster. Everything's indeed happening too fast. I can't believe that I'm getting married in a few days as Vincent said the sooner the better, and of course I couldn't say no.

While we were in the car driving back to the diner, Vincent said that from today, he would come every morning to my apartment to drive me to the diner and after my shift he would drive me back.

I tried so hard to persuade him that it was not needed but he won't just agree, he's hella stubborn. But on the brighter side it also means that I would be seeing him more often.

Sis, you'll be getting married to him, you'll see him more than often. Says inner Venessa, that girl keeps rubbing it to my face that I'm getting married, and as much I want to forget it for some time, I just can't.

********

It's been exactly two hours since Vincent dropped me here at the diner and since then I couldn't stop thinking about our conversation.

Here I am, wiping tables wishing I could rewind the time and change the things I said earlier while talking to him.

I don't know if it makes sense but there's one thing for sure, I'm officially going crazy and the glares I'm receiving from my girl co workers are not helping at all and thank goodness, Andrew didn't come today at work so he didn't get to see me climbing out of Vincent's car or else poor guy would have an heart attack.

I somehow managed today but what about tomorrow? There's no way Andrew would not see me, that guy can recognize me even though I'm miles away.

After my shift, I headed towards the door to finally go home, completely forgetting that Vincent would drop me, the moment I stepped a foot outside, the sight in front of me almost made me drool.

There stood, the Greek god leaning at his car, going through his phone. My heart starts jumping with excitement inside my chest.

What's wrong with it? It always goes all crazy whenever I'm near him.

Finally sensing my presence, he looked up and smiled at me, pocketing his phone. I proceeded towards him, and noticed that his hair looks messy as if he ran his hand through it multiple times, making him look more drool worthy and his tie hanging loosely around his neck.

He looks tired, but I don't get it. How can someone look tired and handsome at the same time?.

"Hey" I say greeting him, I can feel my cheeks heating up as he looks at me so intensely.

"Hey there, la mia rosa '' he greeted back, smiling opening the door for me.

As soon as we got seated, we got surrounded by silence, not an awkward silence but a comfortable one with slow music playing on his radio.

Reaching my apartment, he opened the door for me, I quickly replied with a small thank you and as soon as I was about to leave, he grabbed my arm turning me towards him. I looked at him questioning, as I expect him to say something but instead he lift his hand to cup my face and kiss me on my cheek.

My eyes widened as I didn't expect him to do so. His strong cologne lingering in my nose, smelling so good.

" Good night, love" he says looking at my now red cheeks, slightly smirking.

"G..goodnight" I replied stammering like a complete idiot.

How does he have an effect like this on me, I ask myself as I ran away from him not wanting to embarrass myself further.

******

After freshening up, I laid at my bed thinking of today's event, how quickly everything changed for me, if someone said two days ago that I'll be marrying Vincent De Costello then I'll probably die laughing my ass off and say to them that they should get admitted at mental hospital.

I can't help the sigh escaping from my lips as I keep asking myself whether I made the right decision or not.

How am I supposed to break this news to Andrew?, he advised me at the first place not to be associated with anything related to Vincent and me? I decided to marry him, Andrew's gonna flip out and Mario, ohhh shit... where did I land myself into?

What if I just run away? Don't be silly, did you forget honey boo, that it's Vincent that we're talking about. He's gonna hunt you down and punish you. Says inner Venessa, finally talking sensible.

A groan escapes from my throat as there's one thing for sure, I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

______
Did you guys think Venessa did the right thing??? Let me know...

YouTube channel: with love, nafiza

https://youtube.com/channel/UCvE7gSwMzLEV6pRCw06GDjQ

Until then....