Chapter 47

Venessa's P.O.V

After Vincent left the diner, I still haven't got a grip of myself properly when the devil came as if he owned the whole place.

I'm just too tired of all of this, I hate how Andrew harasses me and I can't even do anything about it. I can't even share it with anyone as I'm too scared just by thinking, what if they do worse? But it's enough, I already gave the signed papers to him, I think I can breathe more peacefully now, maybe I can go back to Vincent now. 

Maybe we can finally live in peace.

Girl, don't you dare go back now, let him earn your forgiveness first. Stated inner self, stubbornly. But I don't think I can do it any longer. I miss him terribly, plus I'm really grateful that he signed the papers without getting suspicious, which is amazing.

My day went by quickly by serving people who don't even have manners but I let it slide anyway as I'm too tired, now I just wanna go home and sleep.

Locking the diner, I pulled my coat closer to my small body when Tina came over out of nowhere and linked her arms with me.

"Hey, I thought you went home already", I said walking through the cold night of New York with our arms linked together.

"I decided to wait for you." She answered, making me look at her questioning. What is this girl up to again?

"Why would you wait for me? Do you wanna say something?", I questioned her, which she replied by shaking her head no.

"I decided that we should have a girls night tonight" she cheered with a hopeful smile on her face and as much as I wanted to deny. I can't find myself to do it.

I looked at her hesitantly. "Ohh, come on. It's been so long since we had one. Please" she requested giving me her puppy eyes, which I can't resist.

"Fine." I huffed, making her jump excitedly. I smiled at her childish behavior and started to stroll again towards her apartment.

As we reached her apartment, I quickly went inside wanting to get some warmth as I can no longer feel my numb cheeks due to the intense coldness.

Taking my coat off, I flopped down on the sofa but then I suddenly shot up.

"What happened?." Tina questioned, raising her eyebrows.

"Mario and Lynda must be waiting for me. I forgot to inform them, they must be getting so worried" I exclaimed, looking frantically for my phone to inform them that I would be staying with Tina for tonight.

Reaching for my phone, I wasted no time dialing Mario's number. And exactly after two rings, he picked up.

"Hello, Mario?", I greeted, feeling the heavy burden on my chest being lifted up the moment he greeted back.

"Where are you, my dear. It's getting late. Are you alright?" He inquired, sounding so worried.

''Yeah, I'm fine, thank you for asking. I know it's kinda sudden but I would be spending a night here at Tina as she insisted'' I mumbled feeling so guilty for stressing him out for no reason.

'' I'm sorry for worrying you, Mario. It slipped out of my mind.'' I added while fidgeting with my sweater.

''Don't be silly, my love. It's completely fine. Just have fun there.'' he replied while chuckling.

''Ok, but did you take your meds, though?'' I inquired, knowing all too well that he forgot to take it again.

''Yeah, I did, don't worry,'' he replied, lying through his teeth, but I let it slide as I know he would take it once I hang up.