Chapter 51

Venessa's P.O.V

Not able to get any sleep, I dragged my feet over the window and sat down watching the moon shine bright, surrounded by many little stars when I felt a presence inside the room.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw my husband watching me with his eyes wide open. Must be wondering why on earth I'm still awake?

I turned my back to him and continued to stare out the window with my heart pounding furiously against my chest and butterflies waking up inside my stomach.

He sat near me and when he raised his hand; I flinched and closed my eyes waiting for a blow to hit me but it never came. How can I forget that he'll never raise his hand to me, how can I forget that he's not Andrew?.

Hearing him sigh dramatically, I wait for him to say something as I know he's suspicious of my recent action.

"I can't do this anymore, my love. It hurts. Please talk to me." He pleaded, making me want to kill him at the spot. You're the root of everything, Vincent. I don't want to blame you but I can't ignore the truth.

A sob escaped from my mouth making me surprised that I'm crying. How can I not realize that I'm crying?.

Tears ran uncontrollably down to my cheeks like a Niagara falls. I tried to hold back the sob coming out with my hand but I failed terribly.

Vincent pulled me in his chest wrapping his large warm arms around me and as much I wanted to be away from him, I can't bring myself to pull away. This is my home, and no matter how hard I try to run away, I would always return here and I can't deny it.

"Shhh, calm down, my love." He whispered, rubbing my back.

I pulled away, pushing him angrily but he stayed rooted, looking so confused. I'm so bipolar. One second I want him close and later I want him away from me.

Grabbing both of my arms a bit harsh, he pulled me back into his chest locking his arms around my trembling small frame trying to keep me in place.

I tried pushing him, punching his hard like stone chest but he seemed unaffected. Once I got tired, I stayed still as I ran out of energy to fight him.

After a while, Vincent held me back by my shoulders and wiped the remaining tears, I caught his hand and pushed it away from my face making him sigh angrily.

"Love, plea.." he spoke, but I held my hand up stopping him.

"No, don't say anything, Vincent. You have said enough now listen to me" I sobbed.

"You promised that you would be loyal to me, you promised you would never break my heart, you promised you would never make me cry, you promised so many things but you broke them, Vincent." I cried out and the more I'm speaking about what I feel, the more I'm starting to feel better.

"I don't get it, why does it have to be me?. I just want to be loved, is it too much to ask?" I questioned him while he kept his gaze down, not meeting my eyes so I grabbed his face making him face me.

"Look at me, Vincent, and see how you're breaking me into pieces. Look!" I exclaimed while letting my hands slide down to his shoulders.

"Believe me, it wasn't meant to happen. What you saw the other day was just a misunderstanding." He explained desperately.

"Really? Ok fine. Let's just assumes that I agree that day was a mistake. But what about Mario and Lynda's death, huh? Was it a misunderstanding too?" I questioned him, tilting my head to look at his face.

He suddenly shot up and towering my small figure, looking furious. He looks like a bull ready to attack.

"What the f*ck are you talking about?" He asked back, pulling me up from my sitting position.

"Don't act all innocent now, Vincent. If you just signed the f*cking papers as I told you then all of this wouldn't have happened, they would have been here still alive but like a greedy man you are you didn't sign it" I snapped at him.

He looked at me questioning. "I don't get what you're talking about, Venessa." He replied while I laughed sarcastically upon hearing his words.

"You know what, forget it. Just shut up. I don't wanna hear any more lies from you." I said with my shoulders slowly slumping down.

"I'm tired. I'm tired of my loved ones always leaving me. I'm tired of getting my heart broken every single time. I'm tired of getting hurt. I'm tired, Vincent." I whispered, sinking down to the floor.

"I'm sorry, it wasn't meant to happen. I'm sorry for breaking my promises. I'm sorry" he apologized, bending down to my level while looking straight into my tears filled eyes.

"Am I not enough?" I questioned him through my broken voice. He shook his head no but I know he's lying.

"Stop lying, Vincent. I know I'm not enough. I'm not good enough that's why everyone leaves me and I'm not beautiful enough that's why you don't want me anymore." I cried out placing my face to the crook of his neck.

"Don't ever say that you're not enough, my love. Everyone has to leave us one day and as for me not wanting you anymore can never be true. I'll rather kill myself rather than stop loving you." He replied, tightening his hold to my body.

"Then promise me that you'll never leave me like everyone" I whispered, closing my eyes drifting to sleep but only after I heard him promised me.

What do u guys think will happen next?

Until then...