Chapter 44

Vincent's P.O.V

She hanged up! She did not even f*cking bothered about what I want to say and it pissed me; it made me so angry that I gripped the phone tight as if it can lessen the anger I'm feeling, but it didn't. I want to kill someone.

Standing up, I threw the phone across the wall, feeling the beast inside me waking up. A growl escaped from my mouth as I looked around the room frantically for that piece of f*cking papers. What the f*ck is this shit about?.

Advancing towards the corner of the room where the broken bedside table sat, a white folded paper that laid at the floor caught my attention. I bent and picked it up with my hands slightly trembling. I just hope it's not a divorce paper.

Unfolding the creased papers, my eyes hastily scanned the entire paper and as once I did, relief flooded inside me but at the same time, I can't help but feel curious about what on hell is she going do with my property in Italy? What does she need it for?

Not even bothering to read the entire papers, I signed it as it's not much that she's asking, plus if that's what she wants then she'll get it.

Placing the papers on the bed, I look around for my phone wanting to call her to let her know that I signed it but then I remember that I just wrecked the goddamned phone.

A sigh escaped from my lips, it looks like I'm not getting any sleep again. It's really hard to sleep without her clutching my body. It's hard knowing that she's hurting and I can't even do anything about it, I can't even be near her to wipe her tears away and I can blame no one except, myself.

Exiting our bedroom I head downstairs towards my study as I can't handle any longer staying at the room where I can still smell her fragrance lingering all over the room, mocking me how stupid I am by letting her go.

Running my hand through my hair, I sat at my chair looking at my surroundings, where everything is upside down and broken glasses sprinkled everywhere, making it look like a storm havocked the entire room.

Our room got the same condition but only except for her closet. I gave all of the maids' vacations as I totally want to be alone, alone all by myself but also so that I can escape the look of pity they were giving me.

The door suddenly burst open, revealing angry Alex, who's not talking to me since the day my rose left.

"Leave, I want to be alone." I snapped rubbing my face with both of my hands trying to take my tiredness away. Alex scoffed making me look at him questioning. "What is it that you want?", I inquired wanting to get rid of him as soon as possible.

"I never thought I would ever get to see you in this condition, Vincent. Can you even see yourself right now?" He said approaching me, while I stayed silent as I got no words to say, after all, he was telling the truth.

"What's wrong with you? You're a complete mess! Please tell me when was the last time you ate and slept properly?" He boomed, fisting my shirt's collar into his hand, looking tempted to beat the shit out of me.

I looked down, not wanting to look at him but he completely took me off guard by landing a punch on my jaw, making me stumble back.

I looked up at him, surprised and confused by his sudden change of behavior.

I stayed rooted in my seat, too tired to fight back. Alex stared at me surprised that I didn't even react.

"Are f*cking kidding me? What the f*ck is wrong with you?." He boomed, shaking my shoulders and at that moment I got so overcome with my emotions that a tear accidentally escaped from my eyes shocking both me and Alex.

I'm not afraid or ashamed to bring my walls down in front of Alex as it's not the first time he ever saw me cry. But what shocked him is that he never saw me cry for a girl before and it's been years since the last time I shed a tear, the last was when I was thirteen years old, when my grandmother passed away.

He pulled me into a brotherly hug whispering, "she will come back don't worry.'

But when exactly is she coming back?, I can't bear it any longer. I wanted to ask but no words came out as my sobs echoed loud around the whole room.

Until then...