Chapter 45

Venessa's P.O.V

Opening my eyes, I laid still in my bed watching the sunrise through the window. My thoughts drifted back with my conversation with Vincent, I thought he would call back but unfortunately; he didn't. I don't exactly know what I want, but I wanted him to call back and force me to talk about what's bothering me.

Dragging my body towards the bathroom, I looked at myself at the mirror tracing the bruises I got from Andrew and Leonardo, they're slowly fading away and it is not as dark as it was before but it was still visible, if you would look closely enough.

After taking a quick shower, I got dressed and headed downstairs as quietly as I can, since Lynda and Mario are still sleeping. It's still pretty early but I have to go early as I'm opening the diner and also because I can't even go to sleep no matter how hard I tried.

Putting on my coat, I head outside and suddenly get slapped by the cold harsh wind. I continued my journey towards the diner and occasionally rubbing my hands together to get some warmth.

As I reached the diner, my eyes caught a black SUV parking right in front of the diner with few men wearing all black standing close behind the car.

Nervousness overcame my body, as my mind advises me to go back and act like I never saw anything but a small part of me wants to go check who it is, so that's what I did.

Hesitantly walking towards the front door, the men acknowledged me and bowed their heads, making me frown.

Are they Vincent's men? If they are, then I should've recognized them but they all look unfamiliar to me.

Unlocking the door, I dragged my cold body inside wanting to be away from those men. Once I was inside, I saw the car's door open. I squinted my eyes together wanting to see who it is but the man whom, I assume a bodyguard blocked my view.

Once the bodyguard moved aside, my heart started to leap with excitement and at the same time with anxiety.

I quickly turned my back pretending to be busy while my whole body burns with anticipation. He's here, but why?

My hands gripped the counter really hard making my nails go white as I tried to support my shaking figure. A warm hand caressed my shoulder making me turn towards him.

"I want to talk, my love," Vincent said taking my cold hand into his and dragging me towards the table and I followed him like a lost puppy.

Pulling a chair for me, Vincent took the papers out of his back pocket, while making eye contact with me the whole time.

Did he sign them? I just hope he did.

"D..did you sign them?" I questioned him stammering, which made him smirk slightly but I saw it.

"Yes, I did." He responded, looking straight at my soul, making me squirm as I feel naked suddenly, in front of him, and also scared that he might see the fading bruises on my cheek that I didn't cover much.

"What is it for, rosa?" He inquired, crossing his arms making my eyes snapped at him and that's when I noticed how tired he looks. His hair is a mess and his bloodshot eyes got a bag around them and his stubble grew but he still looks handsome anyway.

My mouth went dry as my brain couldn't think of an answer to say.

"It's nothing you should worry about, Vincent" I snapped at him, making me feel worse. I hate being mean to him but I have to, in that way he would stop asking questions that I don't even my answers to.

He sighed rubbing his forehead. My eyes watered just by looking at him. He's going through it.

He leaned in closer taking my hand into his, "please come back home" he whispered begging, and this time, my tears flowed down like a broken dam and I can't even control them.

I shake my head at him making him look at me questioning. "N..no not unless you sort yourself out," I mumbled looking down at my fingers that are intertwined with his.

Vincent pulled his hands away from me. "Can't you see, I'm already suffering. I regret what happened and I'm sorry for it!", he boomed, standing up making me jump away in the process.

"I want you f*cking back, Venessa." He added, grabbing my face with both of his hands that are shaking with anger.

I kept my eyes anywhere but him as I'm too scared that I would get hypnotized by his grey eyes.

"Look. At. Me!" He ordered, menacingly tightening his hold on my face. I obeyed him as I don't want to anger him further. He clenched his jaw looking at my tear-filled eyes.

"I'm letting you go now, Venessa so that you can have some time with yourself but listen to me, it will be the first and last time I'm letting you out of my sight." He said letting his hands drop at his sides and turn around to leave but not before pecking my lips.

It's not that I want to be away from you Vincent. It's that I have to be away for some time until Leonardo gets what he wants and I promise after that, my love. I would never leave your side even if you want me to.

Until then