Chapter 33

Vincent's P.O.V

As we reached the Russians warehouse, excitement ran through my entire body as finally tonight I could sleep more peacefully without waking up in the middle of the night thinking what if they abduct her right under my Rose.

Entering the warehouse, Leonardo greeted us while extending his hand to shake ours, but Marco snickered from behind, not wanting to shake his hand. Well, I don't want to either, but I have to be professional.

Sitting down at the beat-up couch, Marco literally dropped, or should I say threw, the briefcase at Leonardo's lap, making me turned my head towards him, glaring, too annoyed by his childish behavior.

"How can I be sure that you won't go back to your words?" I questioned him. Going straight to the point as it's already late and Rose is all alone at the house.

"Don't worry, my man. I promise I won't" he replied grinning at me with his teeth all showing, making me want to punch all of his teeth out.

"I expect you to stick with your words or else you know what I will do to you," I said menacingly making him shudder slightly, but it didn't miss my eyes which made me feel satisfied and Marco smirk, he's enjoying it.

After our meeting with Leonardo, Alex went back to his penthouse and Marco to the club. I drove back to the house, too excited to see Rose. But she's probably sleeping right now.

My mom called me earlier saying that they were going back to Italy as dad had an urgent meeting and she won't stop saying how much she likes Rose and how beautiful she is.

Thinking of Rose made me think about our conversation earlier. I lied to her about our marriage; I told her that my parents are forcing me to, yes it's kinda true that they keep telling me to get married but stripping me out of my heritage is a complete lie, my father did pass me his mafia but my company, I did it all by myself, something that I'm really proud of. And the worse is what if she came to know that I lied and divorce me? Letting her go totally makes no sense for me.

Reaching the gate, the guard opened it wide to let me in.

Climbing out of the car, I opened the front door and saw that it's dim lighted. She probably went to sleep already. Climbing the stairs, I went towards our room. Opening the door opened, I tiptoed my way to the bathroom to freshen up.

After taking a shower, I left the bathroom and went straight towards the bed, rose's sleeping peacefully wearing shorts and a hoodie. I squint my eyes together, looking at the hoodie she's wearing. Is that mine?

A smile formed on my face looking at her, she looked so cute wearing my hoodie, it's twice as large as her body but she still looks beautiful. As I joined her at the bed, I pulled her closer and saw the dry tears on her cheeks. She's been crying, but why?.

I wish I came home sooner. Caressing her face, I look at her smiling, I'm sure a lucky man.

*****

I wake up by someone touching my face gently as if trying not to wake me up, but I did anyway. I opened my eyes and saw her touching my face.

"Good morning, my love" I greeted, making her jump. "G..Good morning" she stuttered, drawing her hand back. I was enjoying it.

"I'm sorry for yesterday" she mumbled, playing with the edges of the hoodie that she's wearing as she looked down.

"Don't be sorry, my love" I replied, lifting her chin up, wanting to see her bright hazel eyes.

"I want to tell you something" she added, biting her lips, she's nervous and I can see it.

I hum in response, thinking what it might be this time. My heart sped up as I waited for her to say what she wanted to say.

"I want to give this marriage a chance, Vincent '' she suddenly started, making my eyes pop wide open and my hands that's holding her waist tightened.

I closed my eyes, not believing what I just heard. Maybe it's just a dream, I'll wake up later and be slapped by reality. I say to myself still with my eyes closed not wanting the dream to end. But it looks like God has finally answered my prayers.

Until then...