Chapter 17

Venessa's P.O.V

The moment I entered the diner, I was welcomed by the stares and glares from every customer and staff especially the girls.

To add, they weren't even bothering to lower their voices as they talked shamelessly about me.

" What a gold digger", " Just look at her!, she doesn't even look that good" and so on.

I stared down at my shoes, feeling ashamed and heartbroken, as memories during my high school started to hit me with full force.

I felt the tears gathering at the corner of my eyes, ready to fall anytime soon but, sadly this time mama won't be here to wipe them away.

I glanced up at Mario and it seems like he's the only person here in the diner that doesn't hate or disgusted by my existence at the moment.

He stood there at the cashier smiling at me like a father encouraging her daughter to carry on the recital she's giving in front of the whole class, but I'm too heartbroken to return a smile back at him.

I advanced towards the changing room to escape from the glares and murmurs, but for how long would I be able to run from them?

I plopped myself down at the chair, crying my heart out, as I kept on telling myself that they're not worth my tears but still somehow, I can't stop the tears.

As I was busy crying my eyes out, the door suddenly burst opened with a loud bang revealing Andrew, as much I expected him to wipe my tears and console me, but I was so wrong.

He glared down at me with hateful eyes as if he was so disgusted of me.

What did I even do? Is it because I was with Vincent? But you're not supposed to behave like that you're my friend. I ranted out in my head, dying to tell him, but no words came out.

I was too shocked and overwhelmed by his behavior, I couldn't believe I called this guy once my friend.

He grabbed me by my arms making me stand up and face him. He was gripping my arm so tight that I could already feel them getting bruised. He was holding into me as if his life depended on it.

Even though I was hurting, I couldn't tell him as I was too astonished by his unfamiliar behavior.

Who knew, he had this disgusting and evil side of him hidden for so long.

"You're gonna pay for it, Venessa!" he roared, with venom laced in his voice.

I frowned at him in confusion, having a great urge to ask him what he meant but he already beats me to it.

"I told you to stay away from him, didn't I? Just wait how you're going to regret it" he hissed as his eyes narrowed into slits.

"That's where you're wrong because the only thing I'm going to regret is calling you my friend" I spit back to him with equal hate.

There was something that snap inside me when he talked that way about Vincent.

He doesn't even know him, except for the rumors that he has heard, which is not even close to truth but yet he's already determined making him the bad guy.

"Ohh really? I told you to stay away from him but like a sl*t and a gold digger you are, you didn't! I should've known" he fumed making a gasp escape from my lips.

Upon hearing his words, I couldn't help the tears falling to my cheeks uncontrobably.

How can he say something like that?

"Remember what I said Venessa, you're gonna regret it" he roared once again and pushed me backwards making me stumble back and hit the wall behind me harshly.

I stared at his retreating back, still couldn't comprehend that Andrew, the guy whom I shared everything including my deepest secrets, to my embarrassing moments would say something like that to me when I did nothing but went close with Vincent.

I know he has the right to be angry when he actually warned me to stay away from Vincent but is it alright for him to call me names?

I slid down to the wall, with tears falling as if there's no tomorrow. The door creaked open and I immediately shot my head up thinking it might be Andrew coming back to apologize to me but instead it was Mario.

He approached me and crouched down in front of my shaking figure.

He lifted his hand to wipe my tears which made me cry even more as he reminded me of my father. He engulfed me into a hug, whispering sweet nothing to my ears.

After a while, when my tears finally died down , " Go back home and rest" Mario mumbled stroking my red cheeks tenderly.

I opened my mouth to disagree but he stopped me from disagreeing.

" I mean it Nessa, go home and come to work when you finally have a fresh mind." He mumbled as he caress my hair. I hugged him, too thankful to have him in my life.

I exited the diner with my head bowed down and shoulders sulked down. I knew that today's not my day but I didn't know that it would be this bad.

Reaching my apartment, I opened the door, threw my bag lazily on the floor and literally plopped myself on the couch.

Maybe a little me time can help me feel better, I say to myself, wrapping my whole body in my blanket.

But little did I know, I would be having a company.

_____

Are you liking the chapters? Let me know :)

Until then....