Chapter 29

Vincent's P.O.V

I still can't believe that I'm married to the most gorgeous and beautiful woman in this world. After giving her a house tour, I left her in our bedroom and told her to get some rest, as she badly needs it.

Back at the registered office, I didn't fail to notice how pale she looks as if she would faint any moment and how her hands were shaking violently. It must have been too hard for her to take in everything.

Leaving her to have some rest. I went to my study and dialed Alex's number, and as always he answered at the first ring. "We already set him free and told one of our men to get him admitted in the hospital as he badly needs it" Alex explained without even greeting me and went straight to the point, and that's the reason I always call him instead of Marco as that guy always blabber nonsense.

"Well, you shouldn't have, you should have left him to die" I answered, still completely annoyed by Alex for bringing my rose while we tortured that bastard.

"You'll thank me later, Vince" he stated chuckling, while I rolled my eyes. "And by the way, how's our sister-in-law?" He questioned, making me smile just by the mere thought of her in our room.

"She's in the room right now taking a rest" I answered, loosening my tie. "Remember Vince, be considerate and patient with her, you must treat her with love and care," he said, making me hum in response, it's true rose is fragile and innocent and I would try to make it stay that way.

After ending my call with Alex, I went over to my desk to finish some paperwork, but I find it really hard to concentrate.

All I want to do is go upstairs into our room and be with her all the time but I know I can't do that, I have a mafia to run, plus I have to find a way to end rivalry with the Russians to ensure that rose is safe all the time, and I have to find out whether they already know about her, but I know one thing for sure, they'll attack once they come to know so I have to act fast.

After an hour, I exited my study and went upstairs to call rose for dinner. Opening the bedroom door opened. There she lay, lost in her thoughts as always. Realizing my presence, she looked over my direction and shot me a smile, making me weak into my knees.

Walking to the kitchen, with my hands holding hers, I can't help but feel content and full. I love how soft her palms are and how completely her hand fits into mine.

Pulling a chair for her, I served her food, and later on, we started eating in comfortable silence.

And out of the blue, she asked me about my knuckles, making me freeze, unable to think of an excuse.

What the hell am I supposed to say, I got it by beating the shit out of your friend?.

I don't want to lie to her, but at the same time, I don't want to tell the truth. I want our relationship to be built on honesty, I already lied enough to her and I don't think I can lie furthermore. I can't even sleep properly over the last few days because of the lie I told her about our marriage. The guilt is slowly eating me up.

"You know what I do, right?" I questioned her, making her nod her head. "Then you're smart enough my love to know what happened" I added causing her to stare me slightly with her eyes wide.

After our dinner, I told Rose to freshen up and go to bed while I finish some work at my study.

When the clock strikes exactly at twelve at midnight, I left my study to go to sleep. My neck hurts and stiff. I lazily walked up to my room and the sight that greeted me was worth living.

There lay rose in our king-sized bed wearing a white t-shirt with her dark hair sprawled on the pillow. She looks like an angel, sleeping peacefully. I tiptoed inside the bathroom to freshen up, trying not to wake her up.

After freshening up, I joined my queen in the bed, pulling her close to me, hugging her tight, too afraid to let her go.

________
Until then....