Chapter 52

Venessa's P.O.V

Snuggling close to my warm blanket, I let out a contented sigh when I heard a heartedly chuckle but I paid no heed as I was still feeling so sleepy.

I felt someone caress my face tenderly which I groaned in the process as I absolutely hate it when I'm being touched when I'm sleeping.

"Good morning, mi amore" greeted Vincent, pulling me close to his wide, warm chest.

I hummed in response, still not opening my eyes. "I think I should get up now, I'm already late for work." He said, playing with my hair, not making any attempt to get up.

My eyes immediately shot open. "Do you have to?" I questioned him, feeling dejected all of a sudden, while he looked so surprised. I know what you're thinking, Vincent. Why the hell am I acting so clingy?

"Do you want me to stay, my love?" He questioned amusingly, making me go all red.

"You know what, you can go," I replied, sitting up from my sleeping position.

Upon hearing my words, Vincent shook his head no desperately. "You know I'm just playing." He responded by taking my hand into his.

"I'm sorry, my love." He apologized looking down at our entwined hands, while I sigh. Time to face reality again.

"It wasn't meant to happen, trust me. That day, when you saw me with that girl, I was really stressed about the mafia, so I decided to drink a little when the maid came out of nowhere and sat on my lap. She started kissing me and just about I was about to push away, you saw us." He explained, looking so guilty, while I stayed silent, processing his words.

I knew all along that it was just a misunderstanding, Vincent. And I forgave you a long time back for it but what hurts the most is that I was kidnapped, beaten up and you don't have any idea about it, plus how can I forgive you for Mario and Lynda's death? You know that they meant the most for me but why didn't you sign the papers?.

Too caught up with my own thoughts, I didn't realize that Vincent is now kneeling on the floor in front of me.

Grabbing my face with both of his hands, he forced me to look up to him, which I did.

"Please don't do this to me, my love. You know I can't bear this attitude of yours towards me. I know what I did was wrong but please forgive me." He begged, placing his head on my lap, while I sat there frozen not knowing what to say.

" Remember, my love. No matter how far you try to push me away I would always come back to you and I don't care how high you build these walls around you, I would always break them. So tell me what can I do so that you can forgive me?. You wanted me to leave the mafia right? Ok fine, I'll leave it " he stated, making my eyes widened in surprise. He's willing to leave the mafia for me?

"That's what you want right?." He questioned, looking straight at me while shaking my hand trying to make me answer his question.

I stare at his grey eyes glistening with tears threatening to fall at any moment. I placed my hand at his jaw making him lean in my touch while tears ran down to his cheeks voluntarily.

I gasped in surprise as I felt like my eyes were deceiving me. He's crying for me? Oh, Vincent, what are you doing to me?

Pulling him up to my chest, I rubbed his back trying to make him stop crying as hearing him sob like this breaks my heart into tiny pieces. It hurts to see my tough mafia leader cry like this. Maybe I have been too harsh with him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He keeps repeating through his broken voice. I can feel my tee-shirt getting soaked with his tears as he placed his face on the crook of my neck.

"Shhhh, calm down Vincent. Please" I whispered in his ear feeling him clutch my body even tighter making me wince slightly in pain but I stayed still.

"Please stop crying," I said taking his face into my hands wiping his tears with the pad of my thumb.

"I'm sorry" I apologized through my tears looking at his now swollen red grey eyes.

"For what?" He questioned while wiping his face.

"For being mean to you these last few days," I replied feeling so awful for making him cry. No matter how much you hurt me, how much you break me into pieces, I'll always take you back, Vincent. Call me pathetic or weak but that's how life works. One day, you're grateful to be alive and happy and the next day, you want to die.

"I totally deserve it for hurting your feelings." He stated, standing up, showcasing his well-defined six-packs in front of me. My eyes widened and cheeks reddened at the sight of his half-naked body making him chuckle.

"Vincent, can you take me to them?" I blurted out fidgeting with the hem of my shirt and upon hearing me, Vincent stopped dead in his track and looked over me, concerned.