Chapter 50

Vincent's pov

It's been exactly a week since Mario's and Lynda's death and since then, my queen is still the same, not eating properly, not going anywhere, and not talking to anyone even to me!

I tried to investigate the incident, but I found nothing suspicious, it was nothing but a typical robbery but I don't know why I feel as if there's something missing so I'm still making my best men do the investigation.

The one who did was surely prepared. They took advantage of the situation when the men appointed to keep a watch at the house took a break for ten minutes. They did the deed fast and for a minute, I can't help but be thankful that my queen wasn't there at that moment. I don't even want to think about what could happen if she was there.

Entering the warehouse, a bloodied man strapped tight at the chair greeted my eyesight. I smirked as he shivered in fear while I approached him.

It's been a week or less that he's been here and the crime he did you asked? Let me tell you. He used to spy on my queen last week and keep a track on what she does and despite the beatings, he's getting he just won't tell us who he's working for.

Grabbing his hair, I made him look at me. "I'm kind of getting tired of this game, you know and I know you are too," I said tightening my hold on his hair making him whimper loud.

"So how about you tell us already whom you're working for so that we all can rest," I added suggestive, letting go of his hair.

"Only if you promise to let me go after I tell you" he cried out, and upon hearing his words, I laughed menacingly, making him shiver.

"What makes you think I will do that? You know what, on normal days, I would have considered it but not today. As you know I'm really upset and you know why?. Because I had to watch my girl cry. I had to see her cry and her tears are precious." I stated and struck him hard on his face, hearing the bones cracked. I went over the table at the corner and took the sharpest knife.

Watching me take the knife, his eyes widened in fear.

"Please have mercy. Please. No. No" he begged with tears running down to his cheeks.

Bending down to his level, I took a look at his hand where three fingers are already cut off.

"Please don't. I beg you." He pleaded, making me smirk, as I placed the knife at his remaining fingers taking my time cutting it off as his screams filled with pain echoed inside the cold empty warehouse, but I'm not satisfied. I want more.

I got blinded by anger, that all I can think about is killing someone. Standing up I placed multiple punches on his face ignoring the shooting pain in my already bruised knuckles.

Taking my gun out of my back pocket, I shoot him three times between his eyes making his body go limp and his blood pour all over the floor.

"Thank god, you already killed him. The guards were already getting tired of cleaning the mess." Said Marco leaning against the door casually.

I stayed silent not finding any words to say. I don't usually don't keep someone for more than three days, but what I was helpless, I wanted to have someone who I can't vent my anger on especially at this moment when my queen is not in a normal state at all.

Exiting the warehouse with Marco behind me filling me in with how the recent shipping went.

Driving back towards the house, I went straight to my study not bothering to take a shower despite the blood splattered all over me as I know, my queen is still up. I don't want her to see me like this plus, after what happened this morning, I don't think I should be anywhere near her. How can she blame me for their death?

Burying myself with work for hours, I decided to go upstairs as I know she must be sleeping already.

I quietly opened the door of our room, and my eyes widened with surprise as I stared at my girl sitting beside the window with her knees pulled closer on her chest, completely unaware of my presence. The lights are off and the only source of light is from outside the window from the moon and from the garden lamps below.

Her hair flowed freely at her back, I walked towards her desperately wanting to be near her and feel her against my hand. It's surprising how she's out of the bed.

As if sensing my presence, she looked over her shoulder and glance at me making my heart stop beating. God, she's so beautiful.

Sitting with her, I studied her features closely while raising my hand wanting to caress her cheek but she flinched closing her eyes looking terrified. What the?. Did she really think I would hit her?. I would rather cut my hand off than raise my hand at her. There's definitely something wrong.

"Look at me" I ordered softly not wanting to scare her but she didn't listen and keep her eyes down instead.

A sigh escaped from my lips as I looked at her fiddling with her fingers nervously.

"I can't do this anymore, my love. It hurts. Please talk to me." I begged, letting go of my pride when she snapped her head up, glaring at me as if she's trying to kill me inside her head.

I stepped back a little bit feeling intimidated by her glare. I'm so whipped!

.

Until then,

#freepalestine🇵🇸🇵🇸

Please don't stop talking about Palestine. Don't let them take away the spotlight. Don't let them shut us up about it, because our bothers and sisters in Palestine needs our voice. They need us to fight for them.

So keep spreading awareness. ✊🏼

From the rivers to the sea, Palestine will be free🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸