Chapter 27

Venessa's P.O.V

The moment I looked up, I saw Vincent, looking like a Greek god as always. My tensed muscles immediately relaxed the moment he took my hand in his, his grey eyes sparkling and I can't stop staring at them.

"Come on, Rosa," he said in his usual calm voice. I don't get it. How can someone be so relaxed on their wedding day? I mean, you're getting married, aren't you supposed to be nervous or anxious? But who am I kidding, it's Vincent De Costello, after all, we're talking about.

Climbing out of the car, my legs shook slightly and my hands started trembling, and Vincent might have noticed it too, as he started rubbing circles in my hand that he was holding, trying to calm my nerves and it did work.

I glanced over to Tina and saw that she's staring at Vincent shamelessly, and when she saw me looking at her, she fans herself with her hand while mouthing, "he's hot!", which I replied, glaring at her. And that didn't go unnoticed by Vincent, as he smirked. He must be enjoying all of this. But it's true though, he looks handsome in his fitted Armani suit and with his jet black hair styled back.

Entering the registered office, we inside a room where there's two guys waiting and a middle-aged man standing in front of the desk. As we reached them, I immediately recognized the two guys. They're with Vincent that day when they came to the diner.

"Hey cupcake!, I'm Marco," exclaimed the guy with chocolate brown eyes, who looks friendly among the three of them, while pulling me into a brotherly hug, which I returned happily. And after Marco pulled away the guy next to him did the same. He looks scary but not much, at least less than Vincent.

I always wanted a big brother, and it looks like I will have one, no two brothers finally.

After all the introduction, Vincent led me in front of the desk, and after getting introduced to the man in front of the desk, Gerald placed papers in front of us, with his hands shaking. It's too clear that he's scared of Vincent and his friends, and I don't actually blame him.

Looking at the papers in front of me, I can help but think whether am I really ready for this, well I guess it doesn't matter anymore, ready or not, I'm getting married to this man.

Thought ran at full speed, making me want to throw up.

What if I fall for him, which I think I will, and what if he let go of me even if I don't want him to?, can I handle another heartbreak? Will I be able to put myself back together again?

My thoughts abruptly stopped when Vincent placed his hand at my lower back, I looked at Gerald who's explaining to us whatever's written on the papers, but I'm unable to listen to any of the words he's saying, I looked at his lips moving as he speaks not hearing what he's talking about and if someone's looking at me right now, they'll think that I'm listening closely but little did they know I'm just trying to look like I am but I'm not.

Vincent rubbed my back indicating to sign the papers already, I quickly snapped out of my daze and took the pen from Gerald with my hands shaking. This is it.

I tried to calm myself by listening to Tina and Marco's laughter at the back, but it's not working. Placing the pen on the papers, I signed my name and heard Tina clap like crazy and Vincent sighed in relief.

I hand the pen back to Vincent as it's his turn and when he extends his hand; I saw his knuckles bruised badly. I squinted my eyes together trying to get a better look, but Vincent immediately grabs the pen, hastily signed the papers, and shoves his hands in his pockets.

There's something wrong, and he's trying to hide it. But I will find out about it no matter how much you hide it away from me.

Macro and Tina start to clap and cheer too obvious that they're happy but am I really happy? Maybe, I'm not sure.

Saying goodbyes to Tina, Vincent led me toward his car. Climbing inside, I can't help but think of what's going to happen next, but there's one thing for sure, Vincent's will make me happy. But the question is for how long. What if he gets bored and finally gets his company? Will he leave me?

I can only hope for the best.