58. Last Chapter

Vincent's pov.

Venessa stood up from her stool and walked away but not before glaring at me for no reason but I decided to push it down not wanting to piss her even furthermore. Maybe she's on her 'the time of the month'.

After finishing my breakfast, I walked towards our room and saw my queen taking a nap so I made sure not to make any sound that will wake her up, I quickly got dressed for work and head out.

~~~~~~

After my phone call with my queen, I called my assistant instantly to pick a dress for Venessa to wear tonight. I want tonight to be special for both of us. It's really rare that Venessa and I go out since that woman hates going out all she wants to do is stay indoors, watch movies and cuddle. It's not much but that's the thing that I love the most about her. She's not like any other girls who's too demanding or the type that takes advantage of my wealth.

Finishing my paper work, I called Alex and Marco to continue the task we started last night, if you know what I mean, which they happily agreed.

Driving towards the location where I'm planning to take Venessa, I started to make preparations and once everything was finished,the sun had already sunk down. I called the driver I appointed a few months ago for Venessa to drive her here.

~~~

Venessa's P.O.V

Slipping on the black dress that Vincent sent for me, I stare at the woman in the mirror who stares back at me with her hazel eyes shining with happiness and face glowing.

Letting my hair fall behind me, I sprayed some perfume and head out. Vincent will be here soon. I said to myself sitting at the bed with my hands at my lap fiddling with each other, while inner Venessa won't stop thinking of a reason why my beloved husband decided to take me out all of a sudden when he knows all too well that I'll prefer to stay home and cuddle with him.

Stop over thinking, Venessa. It's annoying. I said to myself brushing the thoughts away, when a knocking sound made me jump in surprise. He's here!.

Pulling the door wide opened, the smile on my face immediately fell when I saw Anna, one of the maid instead of Vincent.

"The driver has arrived, madam" she stated looking down to her shoes.

"Umm, ok. Thanks for informing me. Is Vincent down there too?" I questioned hopefully, when she shook her head no in response.

After slipping my heels on, I preceded downstairs slightly irritated but not enough to ruin my mood completely.

Walking towards the car, Rico opened it up for me making me smile and say thank you to him.

Once seated, I wasted no time to ask him about Vincent and about where we're going, but him being like his boss, he made sure not to disclose anything. He simply responded saying, 'it's a surprise' so I decided not to press anymore.

Leaning back, I let my mind wonder of all the things that I went through these last few days. Some that I'm grateful for and some I wish never happened and the thing I learned from that is that everything happens for a reason, and if god takes something or someone from you, he makes sure to fill that gap again.

"We reached, miss Venessa" Rico stated pulling me out of my own thoughts.

Opening the door for me, Rico sent a warm smile towards me which is too irresistible to ignore.

"Thank you, Rico" I whispered, turning around to look around my surroundings making me frown in confusion. Why on earth will Vincent want to bring me here in the park?.

Walking further, I pulled my phone out of my purse deciding to call Vincent as I can't seem to see him.

Just about I was to call him, my mouth fell open at the sight in front of me.

Blankets laid at the grass in the middle filled with different types of food and pillows and fairy light hanging at the trees nearby.

A gasp left my mouth when I felt a hand go around my waist.

"You like it?" Vincent whispered in my ears, sending goosebumps around my arms.

"I love it" he responded, turning around to face him so that I can see him.

"Did you do this all on your own?" I questioned placing my hand at his jaw caressing it softly. He hummed in response leaning further against my touch making me smile at him.

Creating a small distance between us, Vincent took both of my hands into his and stared deeply right into my eyes. His grey eyes shining with different emotions, so many that I can't identify them.

"Do you even have any idea how madly in love with you?" He questioned and just when I opened my mouth to answer he cut me off by continuing.

"I know I'm not a perfect man, I make mistakes but for you I try to be perfect. I try to be a man who's worthy of your time, feelings and love. It's really funny how you managed to break down my walls and melt my heart. I still can't say how you managed getting my attention that night where I first saw you. I never knew that I would be meeting the love of my life at that diner. I know I sound dramatic but I have to say this to you my love. You got me wrapped in your little fingers, Venessa. I can't thank you enough for agreeing to be my woman. I love you." He expressed and by the time he finished I didn't even realise that I'm crying. Damn these pregnancy hormones.

"I love you too, Vincent" I mumbled, placing a kiss into his lips.

"I got something to tell you too." I exclaimed, smiling broadly at him, making him look at me questioning.

"You're going to be a father" I confessed watching his eyes go wide and mouth fell open.

What do you guys think of this chapter?. I really struggled writing this chapter especially the part where Vincent was telling Venessa about his feelings since I got no idea what to write. I really suck writing romance. I'm sorry.

Plus this could be the last chapter before epilogue.

Until then....

Feel free to follow me on my instagram: nfzbhaiii.