2: Bulletproof Boys

"What do you mean?", He asked, looking at me.

"I-I want to resign.", I said hesitantly.

"Why?", He asked.

I couldn't speak. I didn't know what to tell.

"Is it because I overwork you?", He said. His eyes were assessing me with that calculating gaze of his. But I had learned over the years not to quiver in fear because of it.

"No. No, it's not. I have already worked for you for 6  years and I didn't quit then. So, I won't quit now as well because of overwork. It's just that...I have my own personal reasons."

"When do you want to leave?", He asked.

"After 1 month and a half.", I told.

"Why not now?", He asked, his voice lacking any kind of emotion and his eyes just empty.

"It's because after a month and a half, it's the time when I first joined this company and I want to say this company a proper goodbye.", I said.

"Ok. I will see about that. Find another secretary for me and teach her all the things she needs to know. I want her to do a perfect job like you Miss Kim.", He said and got up.

"Sure, Mr. Park."

"You can go and have some rest in the guest room. I have some work left.", He said.

"Thank you, Mr. Park.", I said as he got to the balcony. He simply nodded.

I exited the room closing the door behind me. You did it, Y/N.

But why am I a little disappointed? I feel a little hurt. I know why. I have grown attached to him and leaving him is going to be difficult. But this will be the start of my new life, won't it?

*****

Jimin

I poured the champagne into the glass from the bottle. Slowly bringing it to my mouth, I sipped the cold liquid.

"I want to resign."

Her words kept ringing in my head. How could she? After all these years, how could she easily tell that she wants to resign? Doesn't she care about how I will be after she leaves?

I have been so dependent on her. How am I going to find another Miss Kim?

My head was throbbing with pain. But I couldn't stop her from leaving. Why? Because she is just an employee.

I can't say, "Miss Kim, I need you."

She said she has her own personal reasons. What reasons?

A boyfriend? Is she marrying?

No, I have never seen her dating once.

Leaving the country?

I don't think so. She has always said that she doesn't want to leave Korea.

A new job with a better salary?

I already pay the best.

Is it because I overwork her?

Maybe. She always comes at midnight when I call to work. But she doesn't complain. So, I don't think so...

I need to call the guys.