46: On The Horizon

It was raining once again.

As the rain drops fell on the ground with it's pitter-patter sound, I peeked outside the window getting worried. It was raining so hard and I had to return home. It was already 5 o' clock. Initially, I was going to leave at 4 pm but Jimin prevented me from leaving because he needed to sort out some files through phone. So, after conversing for an hour, I was finally about to leave but the rain made it clearly impossible.

As I stepped outside the company's entrance, I looked around to see if there were any cabs. But there were none.

"Damn you, Jimin. How am I going to get home now?", I cursed my bad luck as the rain didn't seem to cease at all.

After a while, suddenly a child came running over towards me with a mini umbrella in his hand. He had a soft smile on his face and he stopped in front of me.

Looking up at me with his big eyes, he handed an envelope to me. I stared at him confusedly wondering why this child was giving me an envelope. Even after sometime, he didn't leave and I hesitantly took the envelope which was puffed out on both sides indicating that something which wasn't meant to be there had been inserted inside.

I opened the envelope and took out the content inside it. I was surprised when I saw a red paper rose inside it. "This....."

He tugged my arm and pointed towards another side of the road. "That hyung told me to give you this envelope."

I followed his gaze and saw him holding an umbrella with a beautiful smile lingering on his lips.

After pointing towards Jimin, the child quickly ran away while I watched Jimin cross the road and walk towards me.

"You are really using children for carrying out your tasks, aren't you?", I said crossing my hands. Jimin and his love for making me red paper roses melts my heart.

"You are to blame for that.", He said.

"What should I be blamed for? Did I tell you to do it?"

"Ofcourse.", He told confidently.

"You are shameless, aren't you? Telling a lie so easily.", I huffed.

"But really, you told me to do that."

"Mr Park, may I ask how?", I questioned.

"My heart told me to do that. And you are my heart. So, ofcourse you told me to do that.", He replied smoothly.

"Mr Park Jimin, aren't you being too cheesy?", I smiled from ear to ear.

"A little bit of cheese doesn't hurt, love."

"What are you here for?", I said.

"If I told that I was going to kidnap you and elope with you, would you believe me?", He told.

"Ofcourse not. Park Jimin and eloping don't fit together. ", I said.

"Fine. Then, I will just have to do things the proper way.", He murmured.

"Huh? What did you say?"

"Nothing, come with me. I will drop you home.", He told and pulled me closer to him wrapping his arm around my waist.

Then, we walked towards his car and entered inside. The rain was falling lightly now showing the signs of stopping as Jimin started to drive the car.

"You didn't just come here to drop me home, did you?", I asked him but he just scratched the back of his neck.

"I...Nothing...", He said and started driving the car slowly.

The car got stuck in a traffic after a while. As we waited patiently for the vehicles to move, I noticed Jimin gripping the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles had turned white.