43: Spaghetti and Love

Y/N

Nervous

Nervous is what I felt right now.

We were all having dinner seated in our seats. Jimin's dad sat at the head of the table and all the other guests were seated along the long table.

Various drinks and food items were served on the table. Jimin was seated at the right side of his dad and I sat by his side.

I was so nervous that my hands were trembling slightly. I kept my gaze low,  focused on my plate.

The sound of my heart beating against my chest was deafening. Though, some people were occasionally whispering, the table was silent. It seemed like somehow people were intimidated for no reason.

Jimin's dad was staring at us from time to time and it wasn't helping the situation at all. His gaze was sharp and cold. It felt like I was having dinner in the underworld and his dad was Hades and the food served was blood leaving me with no appetite at all.

"Y/N, why aren't you eating, dear?", Mrs Park's voice brought me back to reality.

"Uhh...Mrs Park...I am.", I forced a smile and took a bite of the steak. Everyone's gaze landed on me and I awkwardly smiled.

Talk about bringing no attention to myself.

"Eat more dear.", She smiled at me.

I nodded. Before I could take another bite, Jimin took my plate from me. I looked up at him in confusion. He just replaced my plate with his in which he had already cut the steak in small pieces.

I felt Jimin's hands on mine under the table. He squeezed my hand gently and gave that beautiful eye smile of his. Instantly, my fears vanished and I felt warmth seep into my hands from his, relaxing my nerves.

"Don't be nervous... I am here... What do you have to fear?", He whispered in my ear. My heart skipped a beat and my lips curled up in a smile.

I think my heart just melted a bit.

If he was trying to distract me, then it was definitely working.

"He never cut up steaks for me.", Taehyung said pouting.

"You are just jealous. Get a girlfriend then instead of being a lonely as---", Yoongi stopped mid-way realizing that he was going to curse in front of everyone.

"Being lonely...only lonely...", He smiled meekly and lowered his gaze while the others cracked up seeing him.

"Please enjoy your dinner, everyone.", Jimin's dad got up from his seat. He had already finished his dinner.

"Jimin, meet me at my study after finishing your dinner.", His dad said.

Finally, I can breathe.

"With Miss Kim.", He added and my eyes widened. What? Now we have to talk as well?!

Fuck my life.

After he left, everyone seemed to have relaxed from their stiff posture breathing out a sigh of relief.

"A toast to everyone here present today! Thank you for attending the dinner! Cheers!", Mrs Park said raising her glass.