5: Chocolates

"How come you sent flowers to your mom Jimin? You still remember that I exist?" Mrs. Park's voice came from the line.

Jimin sighed thinking about earlier. He felt disappointed in himself. "I do remember that you exist. You are my mom after all." He said, after a while.

"Glad to hear.", Her laugh filled his ears.

"Park Jimin, when are you coming back to meet us? It's not even like our houses are that far. Just an hour's drive from the office. Your dad is expecting you. He feels guilty that you haven't been able to enjoy your youth properly just by working.", She said.

"Mom, it's not because of him...You know there's a lot of work pressure.", He whined.

"I perfectly understand that work comes first. I am a businessman's wife and no, you can't avoid the family gathering this Friday. Your cousins, aunts, uncles, everyone is coming. You can bring that girl as well.....", She said.

"Which girl?", He asked.

"That girl who requested you for that limited edition Louis Vuitton bag in front of me. I can't believe how someone is so shameless. Her intentions were quite clear. Whatever, you may bring her if you want."

"You mean Areum?"

"I don't have time to learn names of people who are worthless."

"I broke up with her.", He said.

"Wow, finally, my son did something good."

"Mom!"

"And also bring Y/N with you! I am dying to meet her! We haven't met for so long! She is the sweetest girl ever. Why don't you just date her? I have been telling you this for so long."

"Mom, I have already told you that Miss Kim and my relationship is strictly professional. And about that meeting thing, didn't you just meet her like a week ago when I sent her to fetch some documents at the house?"

"There's never enough time for us. You are just wasting your opportunity."

"Not again. Bye. I have work to do."

"Jimin, I am telling you. No excuses again."

"Alright. Bye."

After that, he hung up. He realized how much important she had become in his life. Even his parents always favored her.

"Park Jimin, you need to stop her from leaving even if that means putting up a fake act that you love her."

*****

It was already half past 6 in the evening. Most of the employees had already left for home. But I couldn't leave Jimin alone. I had to leave when he was ready to leave as well. My stomach growled. I had forgotten to eat lunch as I  had to finish printing.

"Let's see what I have.", I looked for some snacks in my bag. I usually had chocolates and protein bars with me.

"No luck today, I see.", I sighed as I only found wrappers and papers inside.

I looked at my watch. It was already 7 pm. I got up from my seat and went to fetch some water.

When I returned, I was surprised to see three chocolate bars lying on my desk. I stared at the open window of Mr. Park's office. He was typing on his laptop.