26: Bros to the rescue

Y/N

I entered my apartment. I had already lost my appetite. So, I kept the food in the refrigerator and plopped down on my bed.

I couldn't help myself from thinking about the things earlier.

Were they all lies?

Were they?

There were no answers to that and  I couldn't ask him.

I had no right to do so.

Yes, he told that he liked me.

And yes, I told that I liked him.

And yes, I realized that I had fallen in love with him.

But...

No

That didn't give me the right to ask him anything.

Not when his feelings might not be true. Not when everything he had told me could be lies.

We were like two ships in the night, unsure of our destiny and when we met, it would be rarity. And then, we would go back on our own paths as if nothing had happened.

My head hit the soft pillow and I closed my eyes.

"Life is not a fairytale."

I remembered how dad used to tell this to me and my sister time and again so that we won't have much expectations from life.

But I made a mistake. I expected. I hoped that we could be something more.

And now the same expectation was crushing me making it hard to breathe.

I believed him and his words.

But had he believed himself while confessing to me?

Had he?

It hurts when your trust is shattered into pieces.

It hurts when your vision is clouded with tears.

It hurts more than anything....

*****

Earlier

Jimin

"Do you remember the time where you buttered your dad's chair?", Crystal asked as she giggled.

"Don't remind me of that horrible memory.", I said clearly remembering that time.

I don't know which devil had possessed me that day but I had stolen butter from the kitchen and spread it all over my dad's chair. It looked like bread to me for some annoying reason and I buttered it up.

And my dad was mad as hell at me.

"Do I need to remind your obsession over camping in the forest?", I shot back.

"I remember. I had watched a movie and I was so obsessed with the people in those movie sleeping beneath the trees and I also wanted to do that. My mom was so annoyed at me when I came out packing a bag of clothes and told her that I was going to sleep in the jungle. She locked me in my room until my obsession wasn't over.", She said laughing.

"Good times.", I muttered.

"Childhood is the best period of life. No fears, insecurities, tension, just living life to the fullest.", She said.

We were talking more but I noticed Crystal rubbing her eyes now and then.

"What happened?", I asked her.