27: His Fiancée

y/n

I didn't realize when I fell asleep last night. When I woke up the next morning, I wished that everything that I had seen was just a horrible nightmare, but it wasn't.

I had seen them.

And I had questioned everything that we had.

As I looked outside the window of my apartment, the day was perfectly clear with the sun shining brightly. But still it felt dull to me...dullness that seeped through my heart making it feel empty.

I left for the company after getting ready. Questions and thoughts related to him bugged my mind relentlessly.

Should I ask him?

But on what basis?

I didn't have any answer to that.

I prepared coffee for myself before heading to my workplace. I placed the coffee at one side of my desk and I went through some files in the meantime. After a while, I heard footsteps and I got up from my seat.

Jimin stopped right in front of my desk.

"Good Morning, Mr Park.", I greeted him, trying to avoid his eyes.

"Good Morning.", He said softly but didn't leave. He always goes straight to his office after exchanging greetings. Why of all days when I don't want to face him?

Instead he placed his hand on my forehead making me jolt up and I stepped back. Even his slightest touch could make me feel weak and I hate the effect that he has on me.

"Are you fine?", He asked me.

"Yes, I am Mr Park. What is it?", I said to him, making my voice as cheerful as possible.

He observed me once more and I knew that he didn't buy it. But he didn't question me more.

"Nothing.", He said before leaving.

The day passed by and I kept myself busy. I tried my best to avoid Jimin and sent Soya to him for most of the works.

I was working on some e-mails when I heard commotion. It was loud and though Jimin had a sound proof room,  the staffs were never reckless enough to make this much noise. Despite my curiosity, I didn't leave the place and continued working thinking that the chatter will die down after a while.

I heard footsteps once again and thinking that it was Soya, I asked her without looking up from my papers.

"Why are the others making so much noise, Soya?"

I was surprised when I heard a male voice laughing and quickly looked up to see Mr Park's father, Darius Park standing in front of my desk.

"Oh, I am so sorry Sir. I mistook you for someone else. Good afternoon Sir",  I said getting embarrassed.

"Always so focused, aren't you Miss Kim?", He told laughing.

I smiled. He rarely comes to the company. What was the occasion?

"How is work going?", He asked.

"All good, Sir.", I replied politely.

"Jimin must be inside right?", He asked looking at the closed door.

"Yes, Sir."

"That's good."

"Crystal, hurry up.", He turned back and called someone.

Then, a lady appeared in my sight and I felt my heart beat stop for a while. I  recognized her. The same woman that was with Jimin yesterday. She looked like she was in her twenties. Her hair was straight and her brown eyes had the hint of nervousness and curiosity. She was biting her pink lips nervously and was dressed up in a beautiful white dress. Everything about her was elegant. She was breathtakingly beautiful, even more beautiful up close.