45: Haunted House

"Haunted house?", I gulped as I saw the sign that read Haunted House in a spooky handwriting.

"After you made me go through such a horrifying experience in the ferris wheel, now it's my turn to choose.", He replied in a  relaxed tone.

"I...", The one thing which I couldn't bear at all in this world was anything related to horror. Goosebumps formed in my body just by the thought of it. Tell me a coward or whatever, But I absolutely can't tolerate anything horror. I remember watching a movie all alone in which the kids go to a haunted house and they get trapped in it. That was an absolutely terrible experience. From that day onwards, I have just taken a "No horror" agenda, especially "no haunted house".

"So, are we up for it?", Jimin asked me.

"I...", Be brave. I am not gonna chicken out.

He stared at me waiting for my answer.

"....Let's go.....", I said taking a long breath.

He grinned at me. I don't know if he had a clue about my fear or not. But I don't ever remember telling him about this. Besides he is gonna be by my side.

But no.

I couldn't be more wrong.

"We are having a special contest today.", The person in charge replied as we stood in front of him. He handed us our tickets and we looked at him expectantly.

What useless contest would you hold? Dancing with ghosts?

"If I'm not wrong, you two are a couple.", He said.

"Yes.", I nodded.

"How much do you believe in the power of love?", The person asked.

I checked the board once again that was standing outside which had the words Haunted House written.

We are in the right location.

We didn't stumble to any dating house or relationship house or whatever. What the heck is the relation? Unless this man's going to set us up with ghosts.

"Uhh...it can bring the dead back to life?", I just joked sarcastically but the man smiled widely at me.

"You are right!", He said.

He is serious?! About this bullshit?!

"What the hell do you mean by that? If you are going to try setting her up with any ghost of yours, I am going to make sure that you will be a  ghost, roaming in this ghost house forever.", Jimin said and pulled me towards him tightly. I tried to control my lips from breaking into a smile.

Colour drained from the man's face. He laughed awkwardly wiping the sweat off his forehead. "No, No, I don't mean that. It's like a treasure hunt game. Just that a couple needs to act separately. Anyone of you two can go at first and retrieve a red box inside. There will be two boxes. One he will retrieve, one you will retrieve. A reminder that when the other party is doing the task, you can't go inside. Otherwise you will get disqualified. If you two both become successful, you will get a prize which has a special meaning of bringing the dead back to life."

"W-What?", I stammered, my face suddenly becoming pale. Shit.

"That's it?", Jimin asked confidently. "You aren't scamming, are you?"

"No, I wouldn't  dare. You can ask the couples over there. They have all won the prize.", He said and showed 4 couples to us standing a bit farther.