14: The Story of the drunk

It was Monday morning. I had just arrived at the company with Mr. Park. After he went to his office room, I braced myself for yet another week full of work.

I was about to send some files to Jimin when the telephone rang. I picked it up.

"Hello, this is Kim Y/N."

"Miss Kim", I heard the voice of the receptionist on the ground floor.

"Yes? What's the matter?"

"There's a girl named Lee Soya and she is telling that she is the new secretary of Mr. Park. Should I send her to you?"

"Yes, please.", I told and hung up while massaging my temples. I completely forgot that today was Monday and from today, I had to start training her.

After a while, I heard the sound of someone walking towards me. I got up from my seat and my eyes met the new figure.

She was a beautiful girl. Her hair was short and brown. She had brown eyes and her full lips were pink. She had a fun and positive air around her. Like a breath of fresh air. I could see the enthusiasm and excitement in her eyes and I remembered myself in her. I was the same as her when I had first joined. But now I was leaving and she was going to replace me.

"Good Morning, Miss Kim!", She bowed and I slightly bowed back.

"Good Morning Miss Lee, How is everything going so far?", I asked.

Her eyes scanned the surrounding with curiosity and thrill. "Really well. The company is huge.", She said.

"I will show you around later. But first, we have to meet Mr. Park.", I said and her face showed nervousness.

"You are going to be fine as long as you work hard.", I told giving her a reassuring look. She nodded and I walked towards his office while Soya followed me behind.

I knocked on the door. "Come in.", A voice came from inside.

I opened the door and walked inside along with Soya. Mr. Park was looking at some files and he looked up once we had entered the room.

"Good Morning Mr. Park!", She said bowing.

"Good Morning.", He said.

"Mr. Park, She is your soon-to-be secretary, Miss Lee Soya. From today onwards, I am going to train her.", I told.

He nodded. "I will work hard and I won't disappoint Miss Kim and Mr. Park!", Soya said with enthusiasm.

"Good.", He told.

"Miss Lee, I will personally supervise you. So, your workplace is going to be right next to mine.", I told.

"Okay.", She said.

"Miss Lee, you can go and start the work. I have to talk with Miss Kim regarding something.", Jimin said and Soya left giving a small nod.

After she left, I asked him. "Mr. Park, do you need something?"

"No, I want to talk with you about this whole you leaving fiasco.", He said.

"Mr. Park, my decision is firm. I am not changing it.", I said seeing where the conversation was leading.

"Yes, and I am going to respect your decision and let you leave. You have worked for me for years loyally and I should appreciate your hard work by respecting your decision. So I am not going to stop you.", He told.

I was surprised by what he just told me. He was so stubborn about it but he accepted everything. It was shocking.

"I apologize to you for what I did. It was wrong of me to stop you by faking stuff. I understand everything now and I wish you luck for the new life ahead of you.", He said.