44: Back To The Ferris Wheel

The rain was falling outside with it's pitter-patter sound. I was lying on the bed, listening the sound of the rain. Usually, I would have been able to fall asleep with the sound of rain. But today I was struggling to do so.

My room was just next to Jimin's.  Even after tossing and turning for a while, I couldn't sleep. I searched for water by the table side but the jug was empty. I got up and headed to the kitchen to have some water.

The whole house was dark right now. I had turned on the flashlight from my mobile.

As I was making my way through the dark, I bumped into a solid figure outside the kitchen. "Ouch!", I shrieked.

Is it a ghost?!

"You aren't asleep?", I heard Jimin's voice.

Phew, just Jimin.

He isn't asleep as well.

"No, I couldn't sleep. So, I came to have water. What are you here for?", I said.

"I couldn't sleep as well...", He told.

I walked towards the fridge and took out water. Then, I chugged it down quickly while Jimin was standing by the kitchen counter watching me.

I had noticed that we had been kinda awkward since we came here. I didn't know what to speak.

I opened the fridge once again and saw ice-cream at the bottom part. My lips curled into a smile. I turned around and said, "I didn't know that you used to store ice-cream in the fridge."

He merely smirked. "I have been wanting to have it since the last time I had it. It was really sweet. "

"Oh?", I raised my brow.

"You told me that you would take me to an ice-cream date. Why don't we do it now?", He said.

"It's so late right now. I need to go and sleep.", I mumbled.

"Just sleep or are you afraid?"

"Afraid of what?"

"Afraid that I will once again steal a kiss like last time with the excuse of erasing the traces of ice-cream and you won't be able to resist?", He said.

"Mr Park, you are flattering yourself.", I rolled my eyes.

"Then, let's have some dessert, Miss Kim, shall we?", He said.

"Sure.", I told and took out one ice-cream tub and handed it to him while took the other one for myself.

He was seated on  top of the kitchen counter, eating it while watching me intently. I felt my whole body heating up under his intense gaze. Even the cool ice-cream wasn't helping.

I was leaning against the fridge and eating the ice-cream while avoiding making any eye-contacts with him.

Suddenly, he jumped down from the counter and started walking closer to me.

He gave his devilish smirk and stopped when he had entrapped my body with his. I looked up at him with wide eyes. "W-What are you doing?", I said getting flustered.