28: To My Love

Y/N

Silence ruled the atmosphere in the room. I was staring at the wall blankly while he was sitting on the sofa of my apartment.

The time was ticking but noone had the courage to start.

It's sad how the world keeps on moving no matter what happens. It's sad how you have to run along with it because you can't face to be behind it. You have to keep up with it anyhow, anyhow...acting like the pain was subsiding and the scars were healing.

But truth was they weren't....while everything was moving so fast, you would still be the same.

Every day passes trying to breathe, and not trying to live.

"Why?", Before I had the chance to think over my question, I let it out.

Why? It's such a big word.. Blame it to human nature but we are always seeking for reasons. We believe everything has a reason, a purpose otherwise they wouldn't happen, they wouldn't exist.

"Was this all a game to you?", I asked him surprising myself with my choice of questions but I was too hurt to even give a damn about it right now.

He finally looked up and I inhaled a sharp breath. His eyes were shimmering with the emotion of hurt and something else which I couldn't decipher.

I should be the one who is hurt right now....

"You did this all to stop me from leaving right?", I asked him, my voice breaking with each and every words.

His eyes held anger now and he finally said.

"Do you think so low of me?"

I didn't speak. How could I think low of him when I had high expectations with him, expectations of being together. Expectations that he wouldn't disappoint me.

Dad was right. He always was. Don't expect from life. But I forgot...and now it was punishing me, my soul, my heart.

"You can't expect me to be okay when I see you bringing a fiancée all of a sudden. No, I am sorry.... It isn't my right to question you when we didn't even have a relationship in the first place.... When your feelings could have been untrue all the time...."

He got up from his seat and knelt down in front of me. He held my chin gently and our eyes locked.

It's amazing how when you are so hurt right now but still you can get lost in those galaxies that are swirling in those eyes.

"Don't you dare jump into conclusions about what my feelings are.", He said, his eyes blazing with fury and hurt.

It's me who should be hurt, not you...

"Then, what are we? I am sorry, Mr Park but as far as I am aware, I am the one at fault here...I am the other woman because you have a fiancée right now."

"I don't have a fiancée. I haven't even gotten engaged to her.", He said.

"Soon to be fiancée.", I added.

"I don't care what your relationship is with her. I just want to know....Were you honest with me? Did you ever mean anything when you confessed to me? Should I have believed you?---"

The questions left my mouth, the questions I had been seeking answers for all day and truth be told, I was afraid to listen their answers.

I don't think I would ever be able to rejoin those pieces of my heart again if everything was an act for him.

He suddenly put his finger in front of my lips indicating me to be quiet.

He closed his eyes and opened it looking at me. His vulnerable state pained my heart.