35: A Red Paper Rose

Y/N

The three kids barged into the room squealing excitedly. They stopped when they saw me, a shocked expression masking their face. As soon as they had gotten over the initial shock, immediately, they came running towards me and crashed into my arms.

"Noonaaaa! You are here!", The kids said while hugging me. I got down on my knees as I hugged them back.

Another person entered the room. As I saw the familiar face, I realized that it was Jimin's uncle.

He shook hands with Jimin and said, "Thanks for agreeing to take care of the kids today. We have an urgent matter to deal with. So, their mother and I will have to leave for tonight. We would have entrusted them to someone else but you were the first name they mentioned."

"You owe me one.", Jimin told letting out a sigh.

The kids released me from their embrace and ran towards their father.

"Be good everyone. Don't trouble Jimin hyung.", He said and  patted their heads gently while they nodded silently.

"I will leave now. Goodbye everyone.", He said and left the room leaving us alone with the kids.

"I will also take my leave now.", I said to Jimin and took my bag from the table.

The kids pulled my hand. "Noona, we are going to Jimin hyung's house today. Won't you come with us?", Nathan said.

"Sorry, I can't.", I said while ruffling his hair.

"But why? We haven't seen you for so long. We miss you so much.", The kids added.

"I have some work to do.", I said and glanced at Jimin with a silent plea to help me. But he merely smirked and started going through some files.

I am stupid to think that he would help me. I heaved a sigh.

"Don't you want to spend time with us anymore? Don't you like us anymore?", The kids said with teary eyes.

"It's not like that. You see, I have forgotten to bring you all chocolates. I will visit you three when I bring chocolates next time, alright?", I said trying to convince them.

"But we don't want chocolates. We just want you to come with us. We can watch some movies, play games and you will read us a fairytale. Won't that be good?"

"It would be good but I...I just can't, okay? Please understand..."

"Fine, you can go. But it means that you don't want to spend time with us anymore.", The kids said  looking glum.

"No, No, don't think like that..."

"Then, can't you come with us?", They said.

These kids are master manipulators. No wonder, they are Jimin's cousins.

"You can just stay. They want to spend some time with you and you don't have any work anyways.", Jimin finally spoke.  He just has to make the situation worse.

"You don't have any work? Noona, why are you lying to us?"

"I...I am not lying.", I said.

"You are lying to us because you think  that we are bad kids and don't like us anymore.", Natalie said.

I massaged my temples. I was having a throbbing headache at this moment. God, give me strength.

I don't know why they even asked Jimin to babysit the kids considering that he gets panicked when the children hover around him. Soya might have helped him babysit them but she was also absent as she was sick and now the kids were pestering me to stay with them. And they didn't seem like they would let me off so easily.