13. Demons have feelings as well

(Notchs' FoV) (Noon)
I went though the HQ in a little bit of boredom as I suddenly heard some rather unusual sounds: Someone was playing a piano.

This was new to me. The music room is never in use and everyone kinda forgot about it.

(Y/n) and Steve came to me as well, both hearing this music as well. They gave me a confused look, but I just shrugged.

I gently opened the door and went inside, (y/n) and Steve were following me.

The first thing I saw was a person sitting in front of the piano, playing it without a mistake.

On the second glance I noticed that this person had cat ears and a tail which was curled around the Neko.

I started to smile and showed them to stay quiet as Herobrine started to calmly song, his voice perfectly matching the piano.

"When the days are cold
and the cards all fold
and the saints we see
are all made of gold,

When your dreams all fail
and the ones we hail
are the worst of all
and the blood's run stale...

I wanna hide the truth,
I wanna shelter you.
But with the beast inside,
There's nowhere we can hide.

No matter what we breed,
We still are made of greed.
This is my kingdom, come.
This is my kingdom, come."

The sudden beat drop caught us offguard, but it was still beautiful.

"When you feel my heat,
Look into my eyes.
It's where my demons hide,
It's where my demons hide!

Don't get too close,
It's dark inside!
It's where my demons hide,
It's where my demons hide."

His voice faded out for a moment, as well as the music.
We already thought he was done, but we were proven wrong as he picked up the song again, this time as calm as before.

"When the curtain's call
Is the last of all,
When the lights fade out
All the sinners crawl.

So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you've made.

Don't want to let you down,
But I am hell bound.
Though this is all for you,
Don't want to hide the truth.

No matter what we breed,
We still are made of greed.
This is my kingdom, come.

When you feel my heat,
Look into my eyes.
It's where my demons hide,
It's where my demons hide!

Don't get too close,
It's dark inside!
It's where my demons hide,
It's where my demons hide."

The music dropped again, this time tho it instantly picked up again in a slow, almost sad pace.
Hero's voice was quiet now, singing along with the song in a beautiful way.

"They say it's what you made,
I say it's up to fate.
It's woven in my soul,
I need to let you go."

Suddenly (y/n) started to sing along with him which startled Hero, but he kept on playing.

(Y/n): "Your eyes, they shine so bright.
I want to save that light."

(H): "I can't escape this now,
Unless you show me how!

(Both): "When you feel my heat,
Look into my eyes.
It's where my demons hide,
It's where my demons hide!

Don't get too close,
It's dark inside!
It's where my demons hide,"

(H): "It's where my demons hide.~"

Herobrine let the last notes play before raising his gaze upon us.

Steve and I were standing there, completely speechless about this.

None of us three have ever heard him singing, nor playing piano.

Hero looked a bit embarrassed.

"I usually only do it if I'm bored or sad.", he whispered, stroking over his tail in embarrassment.

Still speechless I raised my hand and started clapping, Steve and (y/n) jumping in only moments later.

Hero started to blush a little bit as he stood up.

(Y/n) went towards him as we stopped and took his hands. She took a look at them if they were magic.

Hero only chuckled slightly.

"No, I don't use magic to play the piano, (y/n).", he said with a little grin on his lips.

"Are you sure? Because that was just magical!"

Steve started to smile and asked carefully: "How'd you learn to play it anyway?"

Hero shrugged and I noticed he was a little bit uncomfortable about this question.

"I taught it myself since..."

He stopped speaking and looked over to the piano.

I saw his eyes filling up with tears again and straighten up.

"Since I was a little bit lonely.", was the only thing he said.

I went over to him, Steve followed me as well. As I was standing right in front of the demon, I just raised my hand and carefully stroke over his head.

Herobrine didn't expect this so I caught him offguard.

But surprisingly he let it happen.
He smiled slightly while I did that.

I stopped and asked: "Are there any other songs you can play?"

Hero thought about it for a moment, then he sat down again and started playing something else.

We kept on doing this the whole day until Herobrine stopped and shook his hand a little bit.

"God I haven't played piano that long... I'm not sure if I should start it again or not."

(Y/n), who was sitting next to Hero, excitedly nodded. "You're a GOD in playing the piano! I bet no one can play as well as you!"

Hero started blushing really heavy and started hiding his face in his hands, but (y/n) stopped him from doing so.

"Dont be embarrased, Hero. There's no need to be."

Steve chuckled. "There really is no way to be embarrased, Hero.

Herobrine smiled at Steve and answered slowly: "You would be as embarrassed as me when no one should actually hear this first song..."

I just slightly shook my head in played disappointment.

"Damn, Hero. I thought you wanted us to hear it since you literally played so beautiful that the walls even started dancing."

Steve tried to hide a smile while (y/n) tried not to laugh. Not even Hero could hide a little snicker.

"I didn't notice the house moving.", he said as straight as possible.

Suddenly Zomb slammed the door open. He was completely out of breath and upset.

"Nightmare and Hollow attack the Aether with the Witherstorm!"

________________________
1066 words