16. Promise

I'm glad you guys enjoy the story and I apologize if there is a lot of typos because I really can't spell for shiz and I'm in highschool ._.
I was gunna address something But I forgot
OH YEAH OK SO
Idk how a real court case works I've never been in one but I know the basics of a trial I guess idk it was this weird program in elementary, it's just a story
Also I realized I'm retarded and keep thinking they leave on 17th when they are supposed to leave 20th so I made it back to 17th because the damage has already been done ty for reading this if u read all that.

-----8-17-19

I woke up with out Zak by my side and I had no idea where anyone was. I remember slightly what happened last night but i didn't worry too much about it.
I checked my phone to see a voicemail from and unfamiliar number.

"Hello y/n l/n I have come to inform you that you have to be seen at (random name) court on the 20th of August 2019 due to charges of assault and murder of (ex's full name)." I heard a lady say on one end of her phone.
My heart dropped and I dropped my phone in shock.
"No no no no" I whispered to myself placing my hands o my head while pacing back and forth.
"This can be real" I slapped myself to see if it was a nightmare or anything.
I fell to the ground as a tear rolled down my cheek.
"He's...... dead?" I said to myself.
"You killed him, you fucking killed him" I said to myself.
"You're a murderer" I said to myself again.
I quickly made my way to my bathroom and locked myself in it. Looking I the mirror and seeing my face red from crying I tried to calm down.
"You can't let them see you like this" I whispered to myself.
I washed off my face with cold water.
I took a deep breath of air before walking out of the bathroom making my way downstairs.

Time: 8:37

Everyone was downstairs and they kept their luggage downstairs.
"Hey y/n" Darryl said waving at me.
"Morning" I smiled at him.
"Why's your face red" Zak mentioned.
"Oh uh.. I was uh washing my face" I said making it believable.
"Oh" He responded.
"So you guys leave back home today" I say slightly frowning.
'I can't deal with all this right now, they have to leave and I have to contact my lawyers and get ready for court' I thought to myself.

"He y/n?" Darryl said.
"Hm?" I responded.
"You blanked out for a second" Vincent is said sounding worried.
"Oh no I'm... yeah I'm good thanks for caring" I said smiling at them.
"If there's anything you need to talk about we are here you know?" Vincent said with a worried tone.

"Well uhm, this morning I got a call" I said swallowing.
"Before I say anything else I just want you guys to know that no matter what happens I'll still care for you guys even if you wouldn't talk to me again." I said sighing.
"I got a voice mail for a court date because I'm being charged with assault and murder" I say as everyone gasped and took to step back from me which broken my heart.
I tried not to cry as the feeling of prickling was in my throat and I couldn't breathe.

"For .... who?" Zak questioned looks worried and mad.
"You murderer" Vincent said angrily as Darryl just looked disgusted.
----
'That was just a thought' I snapped myself back to reality.

"Hey y/n you ok?" Zak said waving a hand in front of me.
"I'm sorry I'm just... my head hurts" I say shaking my head.
I walked to the cabinet and grabbed some pain killers and swallowed them to ease the pain.
'Should I tell them?' I thought to myself.
'No not yet' I added to my thoughts.

We had decided to go out to eat lunch and hang out at the mall for a little while before going back to my house for a while just to chill out and it went a little something like this.

We watched t.v while Zak was hugging me I was laying my head in his lap my legs on Darryl and my feet on Vincent so I was basically laying across them.
We sat there talking, laughing, smiling about the little stuff, in general just enjoying all the time we had together.
'You should tell them now before they leave' I thought to myself.

"Hey guys I just wanted to uhm talk to you guys about something" I said sitting up.
"Yea wassup" Darryl asked.
"This morning I got a call" I said
"What about" Zak said posturing up as everyone else did.
"Well my ex died in the hospital so they didn't take him to jail" I paused.
"And his family is charging me with basically murder" I said finishing my sentence as I threw my head in my hands.
I took a deep breath.
'It's ok y/n' I thought to myself.

A deadly silence took over the room as I felt I could heave my own blood running through my body.

"I'm speechless" Zak says interlocking both his hands together and widening his eyes.

"You didn't kill him thought, you were defending yourself" Darryl said sounding pissed.

"Probably defending a little too much" Vincent said.

"Well we can cancel the flights and stay with you through your court case, after all we were witnesses" Darryl said which cause a light to light up in my head.

"I didn't think of that" I said.
"YOU GUYS ARE WITNESSES, YOU CAN SAVE ME FROM THIS" I said jumping out of my seat.
They all stood up and Darryl put a hand on my shoulder.
"Calm down, just because we are witnesses doesn't mean we can save you" he said tilting his head a little.
"But we can help" Vincent said.
I couldn't control any emotions at this point and I became limp and just hugged Darryl.
"Please please, help me" i sobbed hugging him and he held on even tighter.
"We'll help you, we Promise"

----
Word count: 1061