18. come back

I realize I haven't really been using different povs (point of views) in my stories. Most of the story is told through y/ns eyes. Also I'm writing this at school and I'm about to make myself cry and it's 6:30 woOww

{for anyone that didn't read that last chapter because of trigger warnings this chapter is a continuation but it only has abuse here such as hitting and punching, not too violent}

If u didn't read last chapter read this summary so this chapter makes sense.

Y/n couldn't sleep so she went to the kitchen her thoughts controlled her as she tried to seek a way to coop with things by heading to the roof, while at the same time receiving bad memories she considered suicide. While that happened Zak had happened to find a note y/n wrote when she was still with her ex and she was abused by him making her get bad thoughts. When she decided it wasn't the right choice she tried to head back down while bumping into Zak on the way out. She tried to walk towards him when she slipped down the roof.

--- continuation

Y/n's Pov
"Y/N!?" I heard a voice say behind me making me snap open my eyes and turn around.

There was standing, Zak with a hoodie and sweatpants with messy hair, heavily breathing with a note in his hand and a tear rolling down in his cheek which reflected in the moon light.

"I'm so sorry" I said shaking my head and starting to cry.

'Why would you let your friends see you like this? Let alone your own boyfriend.' I thought to myself as regret took over.

He took a glance at the knife and saw how close I was to the ledge of the house.

"Just come here and everything will be fine" he said trying to inch closer to me with is arms open like if he was going to catch me.
I looked at him and thought to myself.
I wanted to go but my body would move and I had a really bad gut feeling.

I took a step in and .....

Slip

My eyes widened and my heart raced as I tried to grab on to anything I could, anything at all to stay on, I regretted everything, regretted writing that note, coming up here, and having them find out.
I guess what they say about your life flashing before your eyes was true because in those split moments my body stopped trying and I couldn't move. The memories that flashed weren't memories of joy.

"Go die" my ex said as he tried to land a punch on me. There was a beer bottle in his hand.

"You slut" he said as he walked in on me on the couch with his friend.

"Your just like your mother, couldn't even do anything right, having you was her biggest mistake" he said smashing a beer bottle on my head.

"It's not what it looks like" I saw standing up as he charged towards me and punched me in the face.

"I hate this" I said to myself looking at all the bruises and blood on my face.

"NO I LOVE YOU" I heard a scream of Zak and his voice cracking like when you hear people trying to speak while they cry.

My eyes snapped open and my body started to react when reacting now was a little too late.
I tried my last attempt to grab on to the edge as it didn't work.
I looked down as I realized I wasn't falling any more then looked up to see Zak holding my arm.
His face was red and tear stains marked his cheek.

"Please....... don't go" he said holding on.
I grabbed the ledge and pulled myself up with the help of him pulling me up.
He started dragging me to a place on the roof where we were no where close to falling.

"I'm sorry" is all I can say as I was speechless of why just happened.
"I should have never did this, especially when you guys are here" I said.

His sadness quickly turned into a mixture of anger.

"Why? Why'd you do it" he said sounding angry.
"I couldn't take it..... I'm sor-"
"Stop saying your sorry because that doesn't solve what just happened" he said trying not to raise his voice.
"I- ..I"
"You could have died" he said looking at me in disgust.
"And you didn't care about how Vincent, Darryl, Me, Your family, Your friends, or anyone would feel" he said grabbing my wrist tightly, I gasped.
My reaction was to use my other arm to shield me and turn away as after that I expected him to hit me.

He saw my reaction and quickly let go.

"You heartless bitch" are the words that left his mouth before storming out.

Those words replaced any thought and kept replaying like a broken record.

My heart sinked in my chest as this feeling became familiar but with him it was different.

I took a walk down and locked the top.
I looked on my bedroom floor to see my room a mess and ripped up pieces of the letter.
Tear rolled down my cheek once again as I stood there in shock. I covered my mouth with my hand and fell to the floor weak, making a loud crash noise.
I tried to use my sweater to muffle my sobs but it was loud either way.

I guess all the ruckus woke up Darryl and Vincent and they knocked on my door.
"Y/n?" I heard Vincent say.
He slowly creaked open the door and saw me sitting there on the floor.
"What hap-" he was cut off by the way the room was a mess.

I felt two bodies rush to my side.

Vincent and Darryl both hugged me making me even sadder and my cries even louder.

Zaks pov
I was angry. I that's all that was in my head. I was and she tried to do that, that she thought that way. She needs to learn that that's not what you do when your sad, your suppose to talk to someone before it happens. She was careless with her life and the people in it.

I couldn't handle it I wiped my hand over my face I grabbed that note and tore it to shreds. I grabbed my phone, my changer, my earbuds, I grabbed everything including my bag and I left. I was going to call an Uber at a nearby McDonald's.
To go to the beach and take my mind off of everything.
I checked the time. '5:03AM'.

Y/ns POV
Vincent and Darryl helped my clean up the room as I looked around the room and realized all Zaks stuff is gone.

"Hey uhm, where's Zak?" Darryl said.
"Yea I heard yelling" Vincent said.
"Yea me too, what happened" Darryl said.

"We got in an argument... well he did, I didn't really respond to him when he was yelling" I said stuttering and pausing in between my words.
" I want him to come back" I said turning around to look at them.

----
Word count: 1211