Distance

Double update y'all! Theres some angst! The next chapter is fluff :)

Seto:
It started with one late night at the office. Then it became lefts text on read. Dates were left unattended. Small fights encouraged Seto to stay later more often. Then Seto only came home when you weren't there. You eventually gave up and stopped trying to contact him. He pretended not to see your stuff slowly leaving your home. He ignored the missing shampoo bottles and your closet slowly emptying. He held his tongue when he found a packed suitcase under the bed. When he saw you put your suitcases into your car, he did nothing. You looked up and noticed him watching. You felt your heart grow heavy as all the pain, stress, and desperation you felt bubbled up again. If he told you to stay root then and there, you knew you would've. But he didn't.

Only when he turned and walked away did you let your eyes water. You went into your car and drove away-drove away from your home, Seto, and your relationship.

Seto would've been a fool to say that watching you go didn't make his heart hurt.

Yami:
You couldn't go on every adventure with Yami unlike his friends. You has your family, your school, and your career. He couldn't blame you when you didn't come for when they battled Dartz, you had to see your parents, your friends, your siblings. Your life didn't revolve around card games. At first it was easy to ignore, but as he returned each time, with different stories, different adventures, different inside jokes with the gang, and a different him as each adventure hurt him a different way. He couldn't blame you for not picking up the phone when he lost Yugi, you were taking your final exam. He couldn't blame you for not being there, for living your own life. He couldn't. But he sort of did. Slowly an impenetrable wall formed between you and Yami. Conversations now revolve around pleasantries and no more than that. When you ended it, Yami expected it.

That didn't make it hurt any less though.

Yugi:
Yugi didn't mean to. He didn't. He didn't know when his heart stopped beating for you, but it did. He didn't know what to do.

Your dates began to feel like friend hangouts, your affectionate interactions began to feel awkward, and Yugi slowly spent more and more time away from you. He didn't love you anymore but he didn't want to break your heart.

You didn't understand what was happening to your relationship until you overheard Yugi asking Joey for advice. Everything suddenly made sense. You spoke with Yugi and after that, you were through.

Joey:
It didn't take much for you to realize that Joey was drifting away from you. Date nights were replaced with his friends coming over but even then you noticed that instead of sitting next to you, Joey would sit next to Yugi or Tristan. You couldn't hide the look of hurt that took over your face when Joey pulled his hand away when your fingers brushed against his.

Joey couldn't explain it. Everything just shifted one day. Seeing your texts on his phone, wishing him a good day or offering to get him food or even just telling him you loved him, made him annoyed because he was obligated to reply. When he slept and heard you come into your shared room, instead of greeting you happily like he used to, he curled into his blanket and pretended to sleep so that he didn't have to interact with you. When he heard you cry as you confided in your friend about what was happening, he couldn't find it in himself to go in there and comfort you-to prove you wrong.

You deserves better so when he saw your bags packed and saw you from the distance shoving everything into your car, he turned away and let you go.

Duke:
You had to give Duke credit. Before daring you he was a playboy, switching girls every week. With you, he took one look and didn't look away. When other girls didn't hesitate to express their interest, he was loyal enough to kindly reject them. He moved on.