62. Marks

-Oliver-

-Oliver-

This was not happening... Cedric saved Jack's spirit, but now it was Arch who was dying?

"No..." I whispered, when Arch suddenly slouched over, grabbing his injured arm, letting out a painful gasp.

"We need to hurry!" Aurora said with a strong, hasty voice. "Tilly! There's antidote inside!"

Tilly ran back inside fast, but I couldn't take my eyes off Arch. Jaden helped him stay up while Aurora hurried to pick the tiny pieces of glass from his arm. The wound looked so small and harmless... I think I forgot to breathe as I stood there, my mind completely blank.

Was Arch going to die?

Tilly hurried back with a small bottle of clear, light-blue liquid, and slid into a halt in front of Arch, opening the bottle. "Take it!" she nearly yelled at his face, her voice trembling in fear. "Drink it!"

Arch did as she told him to do and gulped the whole thing in one go. He was fine now, right? He was still turning paler, and he was clearly in a lot of pain.

"Honey – you know what we need to do now," Aurora spoke to him surprisingly gently, but her voice was shaking as well. "We need to stop the poison from spreading. The antidote is not enough."

Arch let out a humorless chuckle as he leaned harder against Jaden. Then, he nodded. "For fuck's sake..." he breathed out.

"Everything is going to be all right," Aurora said and turned to look at one of her hunters. "There should be something we can use behind the house."

The man nodded with a grim expression on his face and hurried towards the house.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Jaden – take Tilly and Oliver inside," Aurora said without answering to me.

"No – I'm staying here with him," Jaden said with an angry expression on his face. "He's my beta. My brother."

"Jaden..."

"Tilly, take Ollie inside," Jaden commanded, ignoring Aurora completely. Aurora seemed to give up as she sighed and turned her attention back to the wound.

"I'll stay as well," Tilly said quietly, but Jaden shook his head.

"No. You take Ollie inside and make sure he's safe," Jaden told her, leaving no room for arguments.

"Okay... Just..." she trailed off and kissed Arch's forehead. "Don't you dare dying now, you hear me?"

"Not my plan," Arch chuckled. He was sweating now. I looked at his arm and saw dark-blue something under his skin. Like veins, and they were slowly spreading upwards, towards his shoulder.

"Go," Jaden told Tilly, who stood up and ran to me. I could see tears in her eyes when she grabbed my hand and pulled me with her without saying a word.