3

"I'll see you later Mary". Ophelia said softly to Mary. She walked out of the house and sighed immediately. She closed there door and made her way down the path.

Many people tipped their hats towards her. Everyone knew that she wasn't with Tommy anymore. They tipped their hat in respect.

She walked down the street with her head held high.

She pushed open the doors to the Garrison and made her way towards the bar.

"Hello, Mrs Shelby". The barman said.

She sat down and muttered. "Bottle of whisky and glass please". He nodded his head and slid the bottle towards her.

It wasn't too long until she had nearly finished the bottle. She poured the remaining liquid and slowly dipped her drink. She waved her hand for the bartender to come to her.

He raised his eyebrow and nodded. "Another bottle". She muttered.

He stood up straight and asked. "Are you sure you haven't had enough Mrs Shelby?" She sat back in her seat and shook her head.

"I'm not going to ask again. Give me another bottle or I'll get it myself". She seethed.

He nodded and handed her the other bottle.

Ophelia swayed her arm gently and grabbed the bottle.

She threw some notes on the counter and stood up. "Mrs are you sure you don't want to stay here. I'll get someone to collect Mr Shelby for you". Someone said.

She shook her head and pushed past everyone.

She stepped outside and looked up at the sky. The light rain gently tapped her face.

She smiled widely and gently twirled in the street, her dress swirling.

She opened the bottle and took a massive swig. Her face scrunching up as she swallowed it.

She tried to place the lid back onto the bottle but failed. She shook her head and stumbled down the road. People who were passing her tipped their hats at her. Some women stood there tutting at her.

She sighed and took another swig from the bottle. She made her way to the graveyard and fell to her knees at her uncles grave.

"Uncle John". She cried.

She placed her hand on his grave and let out a small cry.

Her hand gently tipped to the side, whisky slowly poured out. She lifted the bottle up and shook her head.

"I miss you". She cried louder.

"I need your help....I...I need help". She whispered.

She took a deep breath and slowly said. "I'm....I'm trying to look after Mary. It's so hard though. I've got Mary to look after and then the boys. Charlie and Harry miss you so much". She leant forward and smiled sadly.

"I've got to look after my babies. Charles misses you so much. Bonnie and John are too young to remember you but I tell them about you every day".