34

Ophelia had returned to Birmingham and frowned when Tommy was standing on her doorstep.

"I need you to come with me". He said.

She stood in the doorway, her hand on her small bump.

"Why do you can leave me stranded again?" She asked.

She felt a tugging on the bottom of her dress. She looked down to see John with his arms wide. She sighed and pulled him up, gently rubbing his back as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"I apologise about that Ophelia. I just needed time to think that's all". He said.

She sighed and looked at her son before looking back at Tommy.

"Fine". She muttered.

She moved out of the way for him to enter.

She handed John to Harry and said. "Dinner is nearly ready. Make sure they brush there teeth before they go to bed okay? I won't be home late". She said.

Harry nodded and watched as his sister grabbed her coat.

She stepped outside and followed Tommy to his car.

"Where are we going?" She asked once they where both buckled up.

He sighed and turned the engine on before turning to look at her.

"I need to see a old friend of mine". Was all he said.

She nodded her head and muttered. "Right". Under her breath.

He stopped outside a huge brick building.

"Why are we here?" She asked, fear in her tone.

Tommy turned of the engine and looked at Ophelia. "Like I said to see a old friend of mine. Don't worry". He said.

They both stepped out of the car. Ophelia looked up at the building with a frown. This is where they placed people who where mentally insane. Many men where sent here after the war.

Tommy stood beside her and looked at her softly. He frowned when he small hand found his. He squeezed it gently, reassuring her she was going to be okay.

They walked into the building and they where greeted by distant screaming of men. Ophelia shivered, she felt sympathetic for these men.

They walked down the stairs hand in hand.

Ophelia's breath hitches in her throat as she saw a man waiting for them.

"Hat and coats off". The man said.

Ophelia pulled of her coat and shivered at how cold it was.

"Stand up against the wall". He said.

They both walked to wall. Ophelia looked at Tommy and frowned.

Her head was forced to look at the man as his hand grabbed her face. He patted her down and then went to Tommy.

He pulled away from Tommy after a small talk and pointed to where there coats where.