47

Ophelia woke up and lay there. Her bleak eyes started at the wall as she let out a loud sigh. The pain in her chest was unbearable, it was the worst pain she had ever felt in a long time.

She sat up and made her way into the bathroom. She peeled out her clothes and ran a bath. The steam from the water was filling the room, causing the mirror to fog up.

She slipped into the bath and sighed at the sudden impact of the heat.

As she lay there she felt a single tear fall down her cheek. The pain coming back from the memories of the night before.

Her hands and fingernails were still stained with her brother's blood.

She scrubbed at her hands as hard as she could, her sobs overtaking her.

She pulled up her knees to her chest and hooked her arms around them.

She cried and cried until nothing else could come out.

She stared at the wall once again, her head shaking.

She let her body go limb as she slid downwards into the bath.

The water overtaking her body as she slipped underneath the surface. She shut her eyes and just lay there.

She was suddenly pulled up from the surface and screamed at the sight in front of her. She pulled her legs up to cover herself and wiped the water from her eyes.

"It's great to see you too love. Mind if I smoke one in the house?" John Shelby asked.

Ophelia shook her head and pointed at him.

"Yo...your.." she couldn't finish her words.

He inhaled his cigarette and sighed.

"Dead, yeah I know Ophelia. I'm here to talk that's all. Let's say I'm the little angel on your shoulder". He muttered. A warm smile spread on his face.

"What does that make me the devil?" Luca asked from her other side.

She turned in the bath so she could see the two of them.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

John smiled sadly and looked at Luca. "You keep your mouth shut alright". He said.

He clasped his hands together and sat forwards, his eyes landing on her stomach.

"Thank you for calling your little boy after me". He said, clearing his throat.

Ophelia nodded and leaned forward.

"Know I'm here to tell you as much as your sad and angry, Tommy didn't want that to happen to Harry. And deep down you know it wasn't his fault. He needs you more then you will ever know Ophelia. Help him before he does something he will regret. You need each other, now more than ever". He muttered.

She nodded her head and shut her eyes.

"I miss you". She whispered.

When she opened her eyes the two men where gone.

She shook her head, her mind was playing tricks on her again.

She stood up and pulled the plug. She wrapped a towel around her body and rushed into her room.

She dried her body and pulled on a dress. She ran a brush threw her hair and tied it up.

She frowned when she could hear hammering on the front door.

The hammering continued, indicating that no one else was in the house.

She sighed and rushed down the stairs, her hand on her stomach as she did so. She opened the door to see Finn standing there, a look of paranoia on his face.

"Ophelia I'm sorry but you need to come with me. Arthur told me he found Tommy in the field with a gun to his head and he won't drop it at all. We think he's going to hurt himself". He cried.

Ophelia frowned and quickly ran to the car that was waiting for them.

Her fear where bare as she had no time to slip on a pair of shoes.

"Are you okay?" He asked nervously.

She shook her head and looked out the window, silence overtaking her once again.

She could feel sick rising in her stomach as they pulled up to Tommy's manor.

They quickly got out of the car and ran towards the field.

Arthur, Polly and Ada all stood at the entrance.

"Be careful". Polly whispered as Ophelia rushed in.

She quickly made her way up to Tommy and stood in front of him.

"Tommy let go of the gun". She whispered.

He shook his head furiously. His hand clenching the gun tighter.

"Thomas please let go of the gun". Ophelia whispered.

He shook his head again. This time she could hear him cocking the gun.

"Tommy I love you. Don't do this. Think about your family. Think of your kids". She pleaded.

He stayed still, his eyes still shut, his finger in the trigger.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you yesterday. I shouldn't have blamed you for Harry's death. It wasn't your fault". She cried.

She stepped forward and cried. "Tommy I need you right now. I'm so scared and so hurt. My baby brother was just killed I don't want to bury him and you. I need you".

He opened his eyes and shook his head. This time the gun was pointed at her.

"It was you". He croaked out.

She stepped back her hands raising.

"IT WAS YOU". Tommy shouted.

Both Finn, Arthur and Michael ran in the field, trying there hardest to stop Tommy.

"Your the one that did all of this. You're the one who betrayed me. You wanted me dead. This was your revenge, you tipped them off. You're the one that told them my plans. You're the one that fucking betrayed all of us". He shouted.

His fiery blue eyes had turned mad.

Ophelia let out a cry as he once again cocked the gun.

She fell backwards as a shot fired. Her eyes clenched shut as she fell to the ground in a heap.