41

Ophelia shut the door after her and turned around. She smiled at people as she passed them on the street.

Her smile dropped as she saw the man she was going to see walking down the street towards her. Beside him was Arthur.

As they neared her Arthur smiled widely. His long, muscular arms pulling her into a hug.

"Ello gorgeous". He muttered.

She smiled up at him. "Hi, Arthur". She turned her head to Tommy and asked. "Can we speak?" He licked his bottom lip and pulled out a cigarette. "We can later I'm on my way to do something right now".

She nodded her head and looked down at the ground, unsure of what she should say next.

"Come with us". Arthur said grabbing her hand.

Ophelia missed the disapproving look Tommy threw towards Arthur. He decided to keep his mouth shut as they walked towards the Garrison.

Ophelia sat across Tommy as Arthur went to the bar. He pulled out a bottle of whisky and poured two glasses. He smiled and gave Ophelia a small wink as he handed her an orange juice.

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

Arthur looked at Tommy and then cleared his throat. "Just have some business to discuss with Micky that's all sweetheart". He said.

She nodded her head and took a sip from her orange juice.

"How's Brad?" Arthur asked sitting down at a opposite table.

Ophelia smiled and looked down at her hands. "He's okay. He's just a bit messed up still". She answered.

Arthur nodded and looked at the door as Micky entered.

He was humming as he walked in. The humming soon stopped as he saw three members of the Shelby clan sitting down.

"Ah jeez, Mr Shelby. If I'd have known, I'd have come in early and served ye drinks huh?". Micky asked.

Tommy stood up and pulled one of the chairs down. "Here Micky, sit down there". He said as he walked back to his seat.

Ophelia watched as Micky sat down.

"Sure I'll have a drink will I?" He asked.

Ophelia raised her eyebrow at him and shut her eyes.

Tommy stood up and handed him his untouched drink.

Instead of sitting down he stood up, his eyes trained on Micky.

Ophelia turned in her seat to face Micky.

She watched as Arthur walked around. "A few days ago I went to London Micky". He said slowly.

"To collect some cargo. I was met by the Titanic boys. They knew when I was coming. Yeah. When, where, what time. They even knew the cargo I was picking up". Arthur said.

"Jesus". Micky muttered.

Ophelia looked up at Tommy as he spoke. "A soldier was killed Micky, outside my office, by a bomb". Ophelia sighed at the memory of that day.