13

"Hold your god damn horses". Ophelia shouted as the pounding on the door grew.

She opened the door and smiled as Polly stood in front of her.

"Hi sweetheart, we need you at the Garrison. It's about Michael". Polly muttered.

Ophelia raised her eyebrow and grabbed her coat and purse.

She closed the door and turned to Polly as they walked.

"Is he back in England?" She asked excitedly.

Polly nodded and took a drag from her cigarette. "He is, Tommy isn't too happy about it". She answered.

Ophelia raised her eyebrow slightly but didn't press the matter any further.

They walked into the Garrison to see Tommy and Arthur already waiting for them.

The two women stood across from the men.

"Polly". Arthur said. He turned and smiled. "Ophelia".

Ophelia smiled widely at him. She turned her head as Polly spoke. "Are you armed?" She asked.

"Yeah". Tommy answered.

"Yeah". Arthur muttered.

"Would you please consider putting your weapons behind the bar in case feelings begin to run high?" Polly asked.

"Behind the bar, Poll, eh? Behind my own bar?" Arthur answered his anger evident. He grabbed his gun and tipped all the bullets out on the ground.

Ophelia looked up to see Tommy casually lounging.

"Thomas?" Polly asked.

Tommy hesitated for a moment before pulling out his gun and placing it down on the bar.

"I had a dream...about a black cat last night Poll. A black car dream means there is a traitor close by. It was you who taught me that". Tommy said.

Ophelia frowned and looked at her husband carefully.

"Black cat can mean lots of things. Can mean you're hurting yourself. Betraying yourself. Are you seeing things, Thomas?". Polly asked.

Tommy nodded and muttered. "Yes, I am". He pulled out a cigarette and placed it into his mouth.

"Yes, I am clearly. Coming from every fucking direction". He muttered.

Ophelia turned and stood in-between the two Shelby brothers as Polly walked out.

She returned with Michael and a blonde-haired lady.

"Tommy. I'd like to introduce you to my wife. I would also like to, err, say something". Michael muttered.

Ophelia looked at Michael's wife to see her glaring at her. Ophelia rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Sit down Michael". Was all Tommy said, his eyes shutting.

"I betrayed you". Michael said.