17

Ophelia walked down the street. Charles' small hand was in her own.

"Mummy why is your face still sore?" He asked. She looked down at him and answered. "It needs time to heal love".

As they walked people stopped to look at her. They all shook their head in compassion as they felt bad for the young Shelby woman.

John and Bronwyn have both come down with the flu so they were at home with Frances.

Charles held Polly's birthday gift in his hand.

Ophelia walked up to where she was to meet the Shelby's and the Peaky Blinders.

Finn, Michael and Arthur were already there waiting.

"Lia darling how are you?" Arthur asked.

He lifted up Charles and gave him a huge kiss on the cheek.

"I'm okay". She muttered.

Michael looked at her and gently pulled her into a hug. "I heard what happened. I'm so sorry". He whispered. She nodded her head and turned it to see Polly and Tommy walking towards them.

"Happy birthday Pol". Finn said handing her a red rose. He gave her a small kiss on the cheek before stepping away.

Charles held out his gift for her a wide smile on his face.

She smiled at him and gently pinched his cheek.

"They grow grand in the horse shit Pol". Curly said.

Ophelia frowned at him and looked at Tommy as he said. "Curly, pour some beer eh". Curly nodded and walked off.

Ophelia smiled and grabbed Charles. "See that nice man there why don't you go and ask him what he does yeah?" She asked.

He nodded his head and ran towards the man smiling widely.

"The train to London leaves in an hour. Arthur, Michael you're coming with me". Tommy said.

"Tommy, I have to take Gina to the hospital today". Michael said.

Ophelia raised her eyebrow and grabbed her cigarette from her case. She took a drag from it and scoffed.

"A week ago, one of our most trustworthy men was killed by Jimmy McCavern. The man we're going to speak to in London is establishing a relationship with Jimmy McCavern. So cancel your appointments, and Ada can take her to the hospital". Tommy said.

He raised an eyebrow at his wife smoking.

She smiled at Curly as he handed her a drink. She knocked it back in one and handed him back the glass. "Would you like another one Mrs Shelby?" He asked.

She nodded her head and answered. "Yes please, Curly". He hurried away grabbing her another drink.

Tommy sighed and silently thought he would talk to her later.

"Clean that shit off your shoes before you get into the car". Tommy said.

"Michael they will give it and give it until your case is proven, and then they'll take it. From you, but mainly from me". Polly said.

"Right for starters can you all look at my wife". Tommy said.

Everyone's eyes were on Ophelia.

"She took a beating from this fucking Jimmy McCavern and I'm not happy about it. So the only reason I'm pissed off is he thinks a little appointment at the hospital is more important the FUCKING TAKING DOWN THE MAN WHO HURT MY WIFE". Tommy screamed.

He threw his empty glass at the nearest wall and took deep breaths.

"Polly I want you to go to the hospital and speak to Aberama Gold. You tell him that we have a strategy in place to avenge the death of his son". Tommy said.

Ophelia looked down at the ground and took another drag of her cigarette. Her eyes had become tearful again at the mention of Bonnie.

"And take with you the heartfelt condolences of the whole family". He muttered.

"Why me?" She asked.

"Because Aberama Gold is in love with you. He even got a haircut. And the smell of your perfume might help ease his pain". Tommy answered.

Beside her, Arthur let out a small snort. Ophelia looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

"Tommy, I'm forty-five years old today". Polly scolded him.

"Forty-five and your still breaking heart eh". Tommy said.

"Yeah". Arthur said smirking.

Tommy grabbed the over glass Curly left for him and lifted it up in the air. "To Polly". He said.

Everyone else did the same and chanted. "To Polly". Ophelia finally cracked a smile and shook her head when Polly caught eyes with her.

"Curly organise a wagon to take Bonnie Golds soul to heaven. Isaiah fetch his boxing gloves from the gym to burn with his body. Michael turn the Bentley around you've got a train to catch". Tommy said.

Tommy nodded for everyone to go.

Ophelia rushed towards Tommy and threw her fag out.

"When did you start smoking?" He asked.

She sighed and answered. "When we broke up". He nodded and looked at her.

"Let me come with you to London". She said.

Tommy shook his head and said. "No way that's too dangerous". She sighed and grabbed his hand. "Please Tommy. This man your meeting you said he's getting close to that bastard. I want to know why. I want to know what would drive a man to crucify an innocent boy".

Tommy sighed and licked his lip. "Okay fine but when I say leave I mean it. I can't have you getting hurt again, Ophelia". He muttered.

She smiled and placed a warm kiss on his cheek. This was the first time she made psychical contact with him. He smiled and watched her make her way to Charles.

"Right Mummy and Daddy have to go to work now so uncle Finn is going to take you home okay pet?" She asked.

Charles nodded and hugged his mom before rushing over to Finn. Finn smiled down at him and grabbed him swinging him around.

Ophelia sighed and made her way over to the car.

She sat in the back and grabbed Tommy's hand squeezing it gently.