43

Ophelia frowned when she heard the loud ringing noise from the hall down the stairs.

She stood up and rushed down the stairs and grabbed it before the phone cut off.

"Hello". She muttered. Her voice was groggy from sleep.

"Ophelia". A quiet voice muttered.

She frowned and leant on the table.

"Tommy is that you?" She asked.

It was silent for a moment before he spoke.

"I need you". He said.

She looked at the clock and said. "It's twelve minutes past four in the morning Tommy".

He sighed. "I know but I really need you". He said.

She sighed and asked. "Where are you?"

"Meet me at Charlie's yard". He answered before hanging up.

She sighed and grabbed her coat. She slipped her feet into her boots and grabbed her keys.

She didn't care about the fact she was still in her nightclothes she needed to know if he was okay.

She made her way to Charlie's. It was raining heavily out. Her hair was stuck to her face. She frowned when she saw Tommy waiting for her.

"Tommy". She whispered.

He looked at her, his eyes all glossy.

She walked straight up to him and pulled him into a hug. Her fingers played with his soft hair, instantly calming him down.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

He didn't answer. Instead, he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards where Charlie was.

Ophelia felt the warmth immediately by the roaring fire that Charlie was sitting near.

"If it's Barney your worried about, he's sleeping. But I can't sleep because my fucking leg is cracked". Charlie muttered.

Ophelia looked at Tommy to see his head down. The rain dripping from his cap.

"Tell me how my mother went Charlie". He muttered.

Ophelia frowned. He had never spoken about his mother before. She had, of course, heard stories from the other family members, but she never heard a word about her from Tommy.

Charlie cleared his throat. The fire was now cracking loudly.

"You know. She drowned". Charlie said.

Tommy's hand squeezed Ophelia's tightly as he tried to suppress his anger.

"I know it wasn't by accident". Tommy muttered.

Ophelia frowned when he knocked something back from a bottle. She knew it was opium after a few seconds.

"Tell me the truth Charlie". Tommy said.