16

Ophelia sat in silence as Tommy rushed around her. He grabbed a bowl full of hot water. He grabbed some cloths, a bottle of whiskey and a sowing kit.

He poured some of the whiskey into the bowl and hesitated for a moment. He grabbed the cloth and dabbed it into the mixture.

"This will sting for a moment but I promise you the pain will go away". He said.

She nodded her head and felt him dab her face. She just stared into the distance, the only thing she could see was Bonnie being killed over and over again.

This boy was the one who saved her a few years back from one of Luca Changretta's men. Bonnie was her best friend. Her only friend.

"Ophelia". Tommy said.

He frowned and gently tapped her. "Lia please talk to me". He pleaded.

She turned her head to look at him but no words were coming out. She just stared at him with a dull expression. She was traumatised.

She looked away and stared at the same spot she had done before. She looked up as a doctor walked in.

"Where is he?" He asked.

Tommy stood up and pointed at Aberama who was in the corner. "We'll get him sorted don't worry Mr Shelby. Will the lady need to come with us too?" He asked.

Tommy shook his head and said. "I've got her sorted. Call me or one of my men when he's okay". The doctor nodded and led Aberama out.

Arthur rushed passed him as he entered Tommy's office. "Fucking hell". He exclaimed as he saw Ophelia.

He rushed to her side and looked up at Tommy.

"She won't speak". He sighed.

Arthur frowned and looked at her. His eyes drifted down to her purple hands. "The fuckers broke her fingers to". He growled.

He grabbed some tape from the emergency aid kit and gently grabbed her hand.

He began to carefully tape her fingers together.

"I'm going to kill each and every last one of them". Tommy muttered.

He shook his head and kicked his desk hard.

"Daddy". Charles muttered from the doorway.

He turned around and said. "Go back to bed son".

Charles looked around the room and smiled widely as he saw his mom. "Mummy". He shouted running towards her.

He frowned when he saw her face. "What happened to your face?" He asked.

She didn't take her eyes off the wall.

"Mummy fell down the stairs and she really hurt herself. Come on I'll tuck you into bed". Tommy said lifting his son up.

Arthur sighed as it was just him and Ophelia.

"I know what you saw must have been horrible but you have to talk Ophelia. We're here now. You've got us". He said softly.

She still looked at the wall, she couldn't bring herself to speak.

The door opened and Tommy slipped inside. "Ophelia, you're going to stay here tonight okay? I'm going to be in the room right beside you to make sure your okay". He said softly as he bent down in front of her.

"Please look at me, Ophelia". He pleaded.

Her eyes were full of tears as she finally tore her gaze from the wall.

"Has he told you what they said?" She asked.

Tommy frowned and shook his head. His eyes quickly darted to Arthur.

"This Jimmy bloke said....he said...". She became hysterical trying to get her words out.

Tommy held her arms and gently calmed her down.

"He said ' We'll take all the track out as far as Nottingham. We'll take Cheltenham too. Overwise it...it...". She struggled to speak near the end.

"Take your time". Tommy said stroking her blood tattered hair.

"It will be Tommy Shelby who is crucified". She whispered.

Tommy looked at Arthur, their eyes doing all the talking.

"Tomorrow call a family meeting okay". He said to Arthur.

Arthur nodded and looked at Ophelia. He shook his head in disgust.

He didn't understand how they could do this to a woman. Especially a woman like Ophelia.

Her lip was busted, and so was her nose.

She had a massive cut on her head and her left eye was completely swollen shut.

Tommy wrapped an arm around her waist and helped her up.

"Get better Ophelia. I'll see you tomorrow". Arthur said walking to the door. He watched as Tommy made his way up the stairs, a limp Ophelia by his side.

They made their way into Tommy's bedroom. There once a shared bedroom.

He sat her on the bed and pulled the covers aside. He pulled off her shoes and lay her down, throwing the covers over her.

"I'll be sitting in this seat all night okay. If you need anything call me". He said.

She nodded her head and shut her eyes.

Tommy sat down and shook his head.

He must have fallen asleep as he was woken up to screaming.

He rushed over to the bed and held Ophelia as she screamed over and over again. "BONNIE".

He rocked her gently and placed a kiss on her head.

"Please sleep in the bed with me". She whispered.

He nodded his head and kicked off his shoes.

He lay down and held her close to him. His hand rubbing her back.

For the first night in months Tommy was able to actually get a good night sleep.

The reason was the person he was missing the most in the world was back in his arms again.