19

The drive to Ada's was a long one.

Arthur unlocked the door and stormed in.

He rolled his eyes as Ben said. "I was expecting Ada". 

Arthur sighed. "Yeah. Give you a key did she?" He asked.

"I was meant to meet her today, but she's gone down to Birmingham". He answered.

Ophelia looked around Ada's house. She hadn't been in here for a very long time.

"Yes, Tommy sent her on a mission. She's doing my job for me". Michael said.

Arthur glared at Michael and asked. "Where's Karl eh? Where's the boy?"

"He went out to buy an ice cream?". Ben answered.

Ophelia smirked and shook her head.

"Ada said to tell you she'll be late". Tommy said.

"You ones I'd be here?" He asked.

Tommy nodded and answered. "Yeah, we knew you'd be here. We have some business for you".

He walked towards the chess set and picked up a chess piece.

Ophelia frowned as she heard sniffing. She turned her head to see Michael sniffing cocaine from the table.

"Any business I have with you Mr Shelby is meant to be strictly confidential". Ben said.

Tommy turned around and said. "Ah Michael. You still have shit on your shoes. My associate can clearly smell it". Ben shook his head and said. "I don't mean any offence".

Ophelia watched as Tommy walked towards Michael. He placed a few coins on the table and said.  "Go fun Karl and buy him an ice cream. The man doesn't trust you". He walked away but stopped.

"Fuck you, Tom". Michael muttered.

Tommy turned around and crossed his arms at his front looking at Michael.

Michael stood up and walked towards Tommy. "You know Gina called. The baby's heart is beating strong. And I swear to God Tom, by the time that baby draws its first breath, you and I will be done". Michael said.

He scoffed and walked away, his hands in his pockets.

Tommy looked unaffected by his words. "And you will be king? Is that it Michael". Tommy muttered.

Michael slowly turned around. "You know Tom, there are doctors in London now who can talk their way into your head, dig out all the shit. Perhaps you should see one". He said.

Ophelia frowned and grabbed her coat. "Walk". She said grabbing his arm.

They made their way outside, looking for Karl.

"Right I have no idea what your problem is with Tommy but it has to stop. Is it because he sent you to America? No one hears you moaning now that you have Gina. Remember Michael, it was Tommy who found you and it was Tommy that made you". She shook her head and walked into the ice cream shop.

She stopped when Michael grabbed her arm. "Why are you defending him after what he has done to you?" He asked.

She looked at him and smiled sadly.

"Because he's the father of my children. He's my husband and I still love him". She answered.

He frowned and asked. "After all this time?" She nodded and muttered. "Always".

She turned around and smiled widely when she saw Karl.

"My, my haven't you grown". She said hugging him.

He smiled up at her and then Michael.

Michael pulled out the coins Tommy gave him and muttered. "Treat yourself, kid". Karl smiled widely and said thank you before running to the counter.

Ophelia turned to Michael and asked. "When did you get back on the cocaine?" He sighed and wiped his nose. "When I was in America". He answered.

She nodded and looked at Karl.

"You need to stop Michael. Remember last time you did it and how bad you were. I don't mind being there for you again but it's not healthy". She said. He sighed and nodded. He held the small vile of cocaine in his hand.

He sighed and looked out the window watching the world pass him by.